Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw RGB w Analogue Modulation?!

Most of these all in one rgb units have TTL modulation, but this one claims to have analogue modulation,
"Modulation: Analog /0V to 5V to control the lightness from Weak to Strong"
500mW Stage Light RGB Laser Module High Power White Laser Analog Molation | eBay

I'm planning on using this for a portable lumia build, if it actually has the analogue mod, It is going to be wayyy too awesome

Does anyone have any experience with these?

I got one and it's not worth the extra price as far as I'm concerned (though I paid more than the one at the link you provided). Only the green channel has enough linear range to function as "analog." The other two channels are more non-linear and go from off to bright in a very small voltage range. Given the brightness of the blue and red channels, I actually could've used more green despite its relative brightness. Having all three color channels on also didn't look great when going through some lumia. I tended to stick to blue and red because the green was so speckled.

Though that whole laser package is pretty decent as far as an RGB unit, if you want something "analog," I'd suggest creating a linear driver using transistors instead.

Last edited: