Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mW Green

I am in the market for a 500mW Green
From O-Like I can get a 500mW Non-IR-Filtered Green Laser for $515 shipped with the new style body O-Like has
Rayfoss has the 500mW Green for ~ $546 shipped.

My budget for this is $550 shipped. :thinking:
Any ideas/recommendations/comments on this? Does not have to be from o-like or rayfoss

I have a 400mW green from o-like. As amazing as they are at best you have a light show. Greens are not good burners. A modified 400mW green from another company would be bright as heck and even hurt the hand.

To your question I only know o-like so that would be my choice.

I have a 400mW green from o-like. As amazing as they are at best you have a light show. Greens are not good burners. A modified 400mW green from another company would be bright as heck and even hurt the hand.

To your question I only know o-like so that would be my choice.

I do not really care for burning although it would be a nice addition.

Right now from O-Like it is between a:
350-400mW Green IR-Filtered for $560 shipped or
500mW Green Non-IR-Filtered for $515 shipped

As I said before.. I am open to new companies

Any laser at 400+mW will burn very well. If it doesn't then it's not as powerful as it should be.

I think the problem with burning is also related to the large initial beam diameter at the apature of the laser. Even then at 400mW it should burn paper and melt plastic and such. Match lighting may be tricky.

Any laser at 400+mW will burn very well. If it doesn't then it's not as powerful as it should be.

Beam divergence is 2mrads though

I think the problem with burning is also related to the large initial beam diameter at the apature of the laser. Even then at 400mW it should burn paper and melt plastic and such. Match lighting may be tricky.

I dont care for burning. I just want a cool beam :D

why are you spending 500 on a cool beam? just because its 500mW doesn't make it 500 times brighter.

just buy a nice ~250mw labby bright as hell, can burn and looks sweet.

*edit* i see that you have owned a 250mW handheld, and buying this power laser wont really be alot brighter.

Last edited:
The beam quality will be different from brand to brand and I think that is one reason to buy a really good brand, an RPL or CNI should have a very thin beam!

Bijan I think you should go with RPL. No duty cycle, cool beam that can be used for a variety of things, and you have the warranty to back it up. If you want a better model you can always trade up.

get in their group buy, way better.

Bijan I think you should go with RPL. No duty cycle, cool beam that can be used for a variety of things, and you have the warranty to back it up. If you want a better model you can always trade up.

get in their group buy, way better.

We'll see. Would I get a cool laser for under $640?

yes. and one you could resell for more or upgrade. Have you noticed there isn't much talk about o-likes more expensive stuff?

Correct, a 400mW laser will burn, but the colors that will burn well are limited. A similar powered blu-ray makes for a more satisfying burning experience. :D

I don't know if it matters but Jayrob was saying something about O-likes using non protected batteries? Is this a con