Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

500mw 445nm True Blue Diode $470 =)

I guess I would be the guy who usually takes these kinds of expensive risks for the good of the forum so I don't so why things should be any different this time.

Confirmed by drlava?

Is that his e-bay user name??

Please more information about 'confirmed by drlava'... :)

P.S. Note: Item condition - Used

Last edited:
Boy I don't know...

It says Multimode, 500mW!!!

Hmmm...

Maybe not exactly "confirmed" but this is what DrLava had to say about them.....(I I don't think he actually ever had his hands on them.)

progress.gif

Today 22:12 #302
drlava

And I have news for you guys.. that is real
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Would you guys use a linear or boost driver with this one? considering the 4 volt typical as stated on the ad. Also which lens would you use? 405-G-1, Aixiz glass, aixiz glass 405nm, Something different?
Hows about I test them all out and let you know which one is best.

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering buying this diode right now - problem is dealing with the multimode beam output. Maybe this is a good opportunity to find a solution to multimode laser diodes.

I've got several 9mm and a few cmount diodes I could experiment on with first.

You guys wanna help me tackle this project?

I live very close to SurplusShed and they have a lot of optics that may be helpful.

This isn't a diode that can be pointer-ized :(

Well unless you can fit all the necessary beam correction optics inside it's not likely-

throwing this diode into an aixiz is gonna result in some pretty horrible output

Even tho its multimode I still can't help but drool. 445nm...... mmmmmm.
Can't wait till we see more 445s.

you only need two lenses for the MM output, one to correct te fast axiz and one to collimate to a dot or infinity, ive seen the optic used to do this and they'l fit in a aixiz lens holder....might need a bit of magic though!!!
Bring it on!

Back