Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5 watt 470nm custom build

htv9fq.jpg

This is my custom built 5 watt 470nm laser next to my 1 watt Wicked Lasers Arctic. I had this beast built for me by a member on here, Alex Barnett. It uses the NUBM07E 465nm from the DTR shop. When these diodes are driven to their fullest, they can hit 471nm!! I'm sure mines close seeing as it's driven at 4.6 amps and hitting almost five watts :). It uses a SXD-V3 5000ma driver with a 3-element glass lens and I gotta say this baby is absolutely perfect. It's focusable, but also set to be focused to infinity when the focusing head is screwed all the way in. NGL, that's something I absolutely LOVE, when a laser is built like that :). The builder told me he ran it well over a minute, but I still keep the duty cycle to 60 seconds. This is by far my favorite laser and I don't ever want anything happening to it! It's so powerful, that when it's focused properly, I was able to burn a pop can :). It runs on 2 18350 cells, and I chose Efest brand for it. I WAS using ultra crap 16340 cells, but they literally lasted minutes so I knew I had to upgrade the cell quality with this baby. Not a surprise with a laser hitting almost five watts! (it would hit over 5 with a G2 lens, but I love the 3-element the best.) So overall, I'd say this is an absolutely perfect laser; nothing I'd change about it :). Thank you so freaking much, Alex!!! Oh, I'll be doing a YouTube review on it in the morning, with safety goggles of course!!! Thanks for looking and have a great day :)

nice laser you got.... it seem the laser bug got to you as well.

Thank you! And the bug has bitten me hard lolol My gf is gonna kill me if I keep spending my money on lasers XD. I should have gotten on the forums earlier! I still have so many lasers to review!!!

What would you rather have? A girlfriend or your lasers? Few women can see the light the way we do.

Alan

I also would like to mention, because I'm truly a dunce for not, this laser deserves some recognition in the quality of it. It's truly top notch. A.Barnett is absolutely amazing at what he does and this laser is solid proof of that. In my opinion, it's flawless. It's a pretty small thing, but something that I LOVE about it is that it's focused to infinity when the focusing head is screwed all the way in. It's lightweight, but feels beyond sturdy. Cells don't rattle at all, even with the 16340 ultra crap cells. With the Efest 18350 cells though, I can get a very fair amount of battery life for a 5 watt handheld. I'd say between 20-30 minutes. And 470nm is such an amazing color! Especially since we originally agreed on a 462nm but he upgraded me for free because he's the absolute coolest :) Hands down best quality laser I own now I think, and will be buying more lasers from him :) and from you too, Alien Laser!!! Lolol thanks guys :)

Last edited:
htv9fq.jpg

This is my custom built 5 watt 470nm laser next to my 1 watt Wicked Lasers Arctic. I had this beast built for me by a member on here, Alex Barnett. It uses the NUBM07E 465nm from the DTR shop. When these diodes are driven to their fullest, they can hit 471nm!! I'm sure mines close seeing as it's driven at 4.6 amps and hitting almost five watts :). It uses a SXD-V3 5000ma driver with a 3-element glass lens and I gotta say this baby is absolutely perfect. It's focusable, but also set to be focused to infinity when the focusing head is screwed all the way in. NGL, that's something I absolutely LOVE, when a laser is built like that :). The builder told me he ran it well over a minute, but I still keep the duty cycle to 60 seconds. This is by far my favorite laser and I don't ever want anything happening to it! It's so powerful, that when it's focused properly, I was able to burn a pop can :). It runs on 2 18350 cells, and I chose Efest brand for it. I WAS using ultra crap 16340 cells, but they literally lasted minutes so I knew I had to upgrade the cell quality with this baby. Not a surprise with a laser hitting almost five watts! (it would hit over 5 with a G2 lens, but I love the 3-element the best.) So overall, I'd say this is an absolutely perfect laser; nothing I'd change about it :). Thank you so freaking much, Alex!!! Oh, I'll be doing a YouTube review on it in the morning, with safety goggles of course!!! Thanks for looking and have a great day :)
This photo does not impress for a simple reason. It looks no different than every other photo I've seen of lasers of much lower power when photographed inside. One can't get a sense of how bright it really is. Take it outside. Don't point it into the sky because it will look like any other laser pointed into the sky. I suggest you point it at a very distant object. On second thought you could take a photo similar in perspective such as this.
Laser-VLT-550x420.jpg

Then we all could see how bright it really is.

Last edited:
I was more so trying to show the difference between 445nm and 470nm, which I will agree that my camera doesn't do the color difference justice. I still like that you can at least tell a difference in the pic though! Idk you how to get much more of an impressive pic though :p the laser has a high divergence so a distance photo wouldn't work to impress IMO. Plus, there is no fog in this pic; that's all natural beam, baby! My brightest laser prior is a half watt 532nm and this 470nm is noticeably brighter! I hope this helped to impress a bit!! Lolol

hi,
awesome build i have built 3 - 470's and all are sweet very powerful diode. And for the pics there great to, very bright in the pics. That's a great host buy H. Ehgumus he is a wonderful machinist i also have many from him and all are great looking hosts. you will be building your own soon it an addiction once you start so be aware. If i had to choose between my girl and the laser i would want both of them, there are just some things a laser just can't do LOL!.

Rich:)

Plus, there is no fog in this pic; that's all natural beam, baby! My brightest laser prior is a half watt 532nm and this 470nm is noticeably brighter! I hope this helped to impress a bit!! Lolol

No fog? Damn! I really need myself a nice 470nm... Hopefully Ehgemus can get back to making his awesome hosts :undecided: