Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5.6mm Laser diode, hollow press tool feeler

Rangedunits said:
Jerry, you dont  has to worry if you get caught, ul be out after few years 3-8if lucky haha ;)

5.6mm thats tiny!!
 [smiley=evil.gif]  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

daguin

I was just reminded that I forgot to do this  :-[

I received my setting tool on Saturday (1/31).  I live in Southern California.  Canada Post is not fast, but it got here fine.  I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but it looks good.

Peace,
dave
[highlight]
**EDIT**[/highlight] I just realized how that sounds. I was asked a question that caused me to remember that I had forgotten to do this. No one "reminded" or asked me to do it.

Kage

Got mine on Feb 1st. Thanks. Can't wait to try it! :cool:

JLSE

Kage said:
Got mine on Feb 1st.  Thanks.  Can't wait to try it!   :cool:

Great to hear :) Ive got a bunch of orders to contend with.... When I have a minute, im going to post a quick video or pics to illustrate some tricks ive picked up using these along the way. Ive been using them for a while now and get a perfect press each time.

Remember to line up everything, and that the tip is flush and square behind the diode. Never press with anything crooked, take your time and maybe practice on a dead diode first.

Another tip.. If using vice grips, tighten the adjustment so they cant 'lock in'. The idea is to give gentle squeezs while you slowly rotate the axiz module in between pumps.

And dont forget the paste ;)

This may show my stupidity, but what did you use on the pictures on the first post to press the diode in?

JLSE

robjdixon said:
This may show my stupidity, but what did you use on the pictures on the first post to press the diode in?

In the .gif? - Vice Grips. I tried a few other common methods, but stuck with them ;)

I got mine a few days ago, I haven't had any diodes to press, but it's perfectly shaped and feels strong enough to stand up to all the abuse it will doubtless go through at my hands. Thanks!