Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

495nm Leadlight

Pman

Many thanks Paul. Have to give me a bit of a pass on not knowing how things are going here now as I don't have a "feel" for the flow yet and who knows what. I would really like to get caught up on any breakthroughs from probably at least a year ago.
What I've noticed so far is Jordan has 505nm and there exists 495/93. I thought I saw something about 473nm as well. What else am I missing that is within the normal price range that is available? Is anyone selling the leadlight/laser66 pens? What about adjustable boost drivers like lazeerer used to sell?
Anything you don't want to discuss openly just PM me:) I don't want to start any trouble.
Seriously appreciate my friends willing to help me not have to look through a zillion posts so I can get up to snuff on things.
I tried to rep as much as I could today. Don't know how it all works now.
Is there anything I can't see or do because of how low my rep is?
Any big names no longer here or passed away? I say big names really meaning older members that I likely new.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful color and I do love me some pens. Sure would go swell with my pen collection especially in a headlight host!
I just realized that you don't have one Bow so they must be really expensive or rare.

Hey Pete, I do have one of these 495's, and as a matter of fact, I just brought it to life yesterday, but I found that I need to modify an extended (14mm long) lens holder to make it focusable in my Ti-B host.
It will have to be modded to look similar to to what I did to my other J/L Ti-B's -Here-

BTW, this is as awesome of a wavelength as others have said, and photos have shown, I love it! :yh:

Hi, Pete. Jordan's 505nm laser diodes are from a Sharp iteration that we call SB147EC91 for the microprinting around the diode's window. They have been measured to be 510nm in reality. I have a couple of SB1573N91s which are closer to 502nm. I don't know if you saw my offer, but I am willing to send you one free of charge along with all the specs you will need to get it running perfectly.
We did have some Sharp diodes that were a trial run at "480nm", but turned out to be between 473nm and 478nm. Since they were basically a failure at being 480nm, they were a short run that we will never see again.
The 495nm diodes have been exhausted for the present time, but my sources say they will return after the Chinese New Year. I do have one extra one of those, but since they will be coming back, you should have no problem acquiring one later on.

Yes, we have lost some members recently. Pi R Squared is missing and presumed dead, unfortunately. Len, hakzaw1, can give you more information about others who have passed. It is really great hearing from you again, and I hope you will become at least a semi-active member here again. Pm me with ANY questions you might have and also cosider my offer. :yh:

Last edited:

18LJ

Thanks everyone for the comments!

@18LJ
Nice text brick.
I don’t know where these come from or how to get them. I got mine because another member had a spare for sale.
The supply is limited probably due to few consumer applications. More may show up but you’ll have to talk to the people that got batches of these for more info. I would expect some secrecy about the sources, though.
That may be due to protecting the source and also a profit motive.
So what do you think of my laser? This thread is all about me and I’m a narcissist so I would appreciate it if you would give me the praise I am due*.

*Calm down, it’s a joke.

Thanks for the infofrom you and everyone else that chimed in. I look forward to seeing if more of these pop up after new years. Nice build btw what is your driver set to/how much output are you getting do you know?

... I found that I need to modify an extended (14mm long) lens holder to make it focusable in my Ti-B host.
It will have to be modded to look similar to to what I did to my other J/L Ti-B's -Here-...

That's gonna be a cool one! I always thought that was one of the nicer flashlight styled hosts.

Thanks for the infofrom you and everyone else that chimed in. I look forward to seeing if more of these pop up after new years. Nice build btw what is your driver set to/how much output are you getting do you know?

I sold my power meter and, as I said, I didn't check the current. I'd estimate 90-100mA and I'm getting around 50-60mW out. This is just a ballpark based on the manufacturer data and experience. If you're running it with a Flexdrive, it's max claimed boost voltage is 5.5, so you won't be able to get a lot out of these high Vf diodes on that driver. If you keep the current low, it'll do fine.

Oh, I think a laser just shot out of my (beep)!!
Nice ! Nice ! That is a gorgeous build! I just ordered two flexdrives (only cause they were available, finally) and am kicking the laser-pen can... I fried the last 320mA X-switch in existence :banghead: as it woulda been perfect for this sorta thing. I emailed DTR about his 505 and “boost” driver :whistle: Jk, I know he’s a busy guy. waiting to hear back.
The leadlight fever is real though
Cheers :beer:
SGD

Last edited:
I was so tempted to get the 495nm from Rich (lifetime17)
But money is a little tighter than usual. Nice pics by the way.

Very nice build. I still haven't even pressed my 495nm diode yet. :D.

I also want to say that your pen build tutorial is quite useful. I'm right now working on building a 503nm with a leadlight and your tutorial is providing some helpful tips.
Although getting electrical isolation between the module and leadlight casing provided some additional challenges, it wasn't anything a single layer of scotch tape and a bit of sanding couldn't fix ;).

Great, 495nm is beautiful color,i like it
Luv the pens! Great beam. Very nice work.
Thank you, both!

Very nice build. I still haven't even pressed my 495nm diode yet. :D.

I also want to say that your pen build tutorial is quite useful. I'm right now working on building a 503nm with a leadlight and your tutorial is providing some helpful tips.
Although getting electrical isolation between the module and leadlight casing provided some additional challenges, it wasn't anything a single layer of scotch tape and a bit of sanding couldn't fix ;).

Nice. That's one way to do it.
Something that may be useful for some of these case + diodes is a narrower module, say, 11mm rather than 12, and a plastic sleeve to insulate and bring the diameter back to 12.
This would be easy to make with a lathe and would provide a more robust solution. Tape has a tendency to tear or bunch up if the fitment is tight.

I can’t get over the sǝxiness of these pens:drool:
I’m gonna build some soon.

Last edited:
Hey Pete, I do have one of these 495's, and as a matter of fact, I just brought it to life yesterday, but I found that I need to modify an extended (14mm long) lens holder to make it focusable in my Ti-B host.
It will have to be modded to look similar to to what I did to my other J/L Ti-B's -Here-

BTW, this is as awesome of a wavelength as others have said, and photos have shown, I love it! :yh:

I see you have added it to your sig. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I was more than happy to send it to you as I felt the current supply was going to disappear for awhile and I did want you to have one. :yh: