Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

485nm PLT5-488 Review

Rivem

Definitely some awesome photos showing excellent colors. Definitely want to jump on these newer diodes when I get the chance.

Glad I suggested that member collections section so we'll see more! Speaking of that, I need to update mine.

Bump - can't believe I've had this for this long already. I bought a new phone with a super good camera

It can pick the difference between 485 and 488

And it gets the color right without me having to edit

jnrpop

Great photo's Z,
And your new phone's camera is remarkable!
Such a difference in color and only 3nm apart, this part of the spectrum is just.... :drool:

+rep.....another great PLT5-488 build staying strong :D

Last edited:
Very happy with the new phone. S8+ is fantastic.

520 vs 502 vs 488 vs 485 vs 480

Last edited:
The color rendering on that camera is amazing, especially for a phone camera. Nice job and beautiful photos, Zach.

BobMc

Nice beamshots ZRaffle. :gj:

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm loving this new camera. Still gotta learn all the settings, but I'm getting slightly better results. Might review the 480nm diodes I have next.

Final bump:

And the link to the full album

Last edited:
Very nice, Zach. That host looks like Rich's (Lifetime17) handy work. Love the colors in your photos.

BobMc

Thanks! I'm loving this new camera. Still gotta learn all the settings, but I'm getting slightly better results. Might review the 480nm diodes I have next.

Final bump:

And the link to the full album

Very nice collection ZRaffle. You got some really nice photographs on your collection thread. Impressive.

Was wondering what type of camera did you get? I got new one a few months ago (canon rebel t6 dslr) I'm just learning all the setting myself. There's a bunch of good videos that show the exposure triangle and how/what it's for. Don't know if you understand it but it's makes a great difference in the picture quality. Best wishes. :)

Last edited:
Yes paul, this is Rich's handiwork. Was very easy to work with :)

The camera is the samsung galaxy S8+'s built in camera. I'm amazed by how good it is. As for specs, I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
Yes paul, this is Rich's handiwork. Was very easy to work with :)

The camera is the samsung galaxy S8+'s built in camera. I'm amazed by how good it is. As for specs, I'm not too sure.

Which lenses did you decide to use with these blue laser builds. Mine seems quite a bit thinner as far as the beam goes. I also didn't see any rectangular artifact around the dot. I don't get that either. Did you drive any over 275 mA? If so, that may explain the thicker beam.

I'm using the 3 element lenses on these. The plt5-488 is not from sharp and doesnt exhibit the box, you can still see it on the 480 and especially the 502 above.

Plus the beam specs are decent on this, but it doesnt compare to the sharp diodes. This one kinda fans out on two sides of the spot not too dissimilar to a butterfly nebula

754349main_butterfly_nebula_full_full.jpg