Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm Scopeguy-GB-Aquarius/CNI

ZRTMWA

Keep in mind that I always light an inscent when taking beam shots. It adds about twice as much visibility to the beam. As for the outdoor beam shot a slight increase in exposure helped.

POST 1000

Now you can become a member of the oh so elite Veterans forum. I also had not even considered a blue laser becuase I figured you couldn't see the beam .

Those are nice pics Luke. I've got an Aquarius just like yours, & was really surprised by the read-out on my LPM. The color is absolutely gorgeous also.........rob

Just about what yours does, Luke. She peaks at 20mW's, averages 16mW's, but the lowest reading I've ever gotten was 12mW's !!!! 'Course my readings are always taken with fully charged batteries. I'd be willing to bet that my readings would be lower if the batteries were discharged some. BTW, my LPM is a LASERBEE I DELUXE.............rob

So I decided to get a closer look under this sexy ladies blue dress. No wonder bra hear guys this module is packed into this host. Have a look see for yourselves. The driver is VERY long. The dang thing took forever to wiggle out of the bottom of the host. After getting it out I decided to do something stupid. I pot-modded the laser!!! The results are unbelievable. We will see how long this thing lasts.

img0157qk.jpg

img0158nn.jpg

img0159n.jpg

Yeah me too, I turned it the wrong way and got a half a mW out of it. Scared myself a bit, then I turned it the other direction and got a 70mW peak on my meter, Of course that was a short blast at that power, it then drops down to 50 and then eases to 40 and then chills at 30mW. This laser now pops balloons and stings dark skin (tattoo).

when i read about the pot mod in this thread i was like : OH NO DON'T DO IT...
then i was reading u already did it..

Hope everything go fine, what duty cycle you keep it at?

I am thinking 15 seconds max constant on time. I really don't want to give this thing the longevity test. Maybe if i buy another from Glenn I will. I am seriously considering it now that I know what can be done. I really wish I had data logging with my coherent pocket meter.

jayrob

Out of curiosity, which way did you turn the pot to increase power? Clockwise or counter clockwise...

I am almost certain that first I tried clockwise then counter. Only a smidgen too.

jayrob

Thanks...

Just curious. I've got one on the way from Glenn. I'm not planning on pot modding it, but I was curious because I have found inconsistencies with the pots on some o-like modules. And usually they don't even work!