Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm Scopeguy-GB-Aquarius/CNI

I have had my eye on this unique laser for a couple years now. It has popped up on numerous websites. Most notably Laserglow and Dragonlasers. The price and power ratings have always been a deterrent for me. After reading of the performance of these GB lasers I decided the time was right.
For a mere $315 this laser was a steal. You cannot find this model blue laser for a lower price. Of course there is this laser BOBLASER--Green laser pen,Green laser pointer,Blue laser pointer,Red laser pointer which can be purchased for $290 (when added on to a large order) but we have all heard how poorly it performs. Which brings me to my next point,
Many of you have probably heard about the falsely advertised 70mW RPL I own. This laser like many other blue laser requires frequent duty cycles and will lose much of it's power after minutes of use. With this little CNI laser I have yet to experience a drop in power while using it. The laser barely even gets warm to the touch.
The cool blue color is one of if not my favorite color laser. Like most lasers you cannot expect to use this laser outside during the day but once the night has fallen get ready to have some fun. Outside of the city lights the beam on this laser can be seen clearly. It is similar in brightness to a 5mW green laser. The spot of the laser when moved quickly will create a dotted line. This is an interesting effect caused by the lasers PULSED operation. This is a method used to maintain higher outputs than would not be possible without proper cooling if the laser were CW (constant wave). The pulsed operation utylizes the peak initial power of the laser many times in a single second to increase the average power output.

Wavelength: 473nm
Specified Output Power: 5mW
Average Output Power: 15mW
Highest measured output: 20mW
Lowest measured output: 7mW
Battery type: One CR2 or RCR2
+/-: Case positive
On/Off: Momentary push button
Beam diameter: 1mm
Divergence: 1.2mRad
Mode: Tem01
Dimensions: 155 X 25 X25 mm
Finish: High Gloss
Burning capabilities: None

Alright, I'll stop telling you all things you already know and spit out some pictures These were taken with my iphone so excuse the quality.
entertainment036.jpg

By yobresal, shot with
p82300025145326.jpg

iPhone at 2009-08-22
entertainment026.jpg

By yobresal, shot with iPhone at 2009-08-22
entertainment028.jpg

entertainment031.jpg

p82300015134538.jpg

entertainment035.jpg

By Yobresal at 2009-08-22
entertainment030.jpg

entertainment037.jpg

entertainment032.jpg

p82300155150220.jpg

Last edited:

Nice!
I'm adding this to the RT thread :)

Could you state the power of the laser? (I know it is well known but it's so the review is seen as an independent one).

Thanks Niko, I will update the original post with the exact ouput measurement once I am reunited with my LPM.

Damn dude, you need to buy a power meter or something. I want to know what kind of actual outputs you've gotten since I got the same laser in the same GB and it's pumping out 4x the rated specification.

aren't these pulsed not that thats bad it just means that its pulsed right

oops yea read it all this time nice unit portable too
i thinking of one of these or a yellow or if the price is right one of each lol

Last edited:
Damn dude, you need to buy a power meter or something. I want to know what kind of actual outputs you've gotten since I got the same laser in the same GB and it's pumping out 4x the rated specification.

I have a nice coherent pocket meter. It is in SF atm and I am in Napa for the weekend. I will report back tomorrow with power readings.

Lol that looks like it's way too close to the pool. And yobresal you have to come by abolfazl and I we're both near san mateo

Lol that looks like it's way too close to the pool. And yobresal you have to come by abolfazl and I we're both near san mateo

You are very right about the pool. I was freaking out a little when i took that shot. Also a bay area laser meet would be fun. Something low key. Like a show and tell.

.3lite

It's so cool color + that price, if I get some money I will buy it aswell ;)

Very nice pictures with the iphone! I don't see cell phone pictures of that quality very much.

How visible is the beam compared to a 5mW green?

Very nice pictures with the iphone! I don't see cell phone pictures of that quality very much.

How visible is the beam compared to a 5mW green?

yeah there are a few tricks. 1: Use sunlight, 2: Stabilize the phone and the objext being shot, 3: New iphone has an automatic and semi-manual focus.

As for beam visibility it is equal to a 5mW green. It also appears equal to a 200mW red. It is hard to compare the different colors though.

Post updated with outputs.

Doofus

I honestly hadn't even condsidered a 473nm until I just now saw your beam shots. Do...want.

Thanks for the review!

I honestly hadn't even condsidered a 473nm until I just now saw your beam shots. Do...want.

Thanks for the review!

Keep in mind that I always light an inscent when taking beam shots. It adds about twice as much visibility to the beam. As for the outdoor beam shot a slight increase in exposure helped.

POST 1000

Also a bay area laser meet would be fun. Something low key. Like a show and tell.
i'd be up to joining you guys.. i'm in the south bay though so a tad drive up there.

nothing to really show and tell for me though.