Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

445nm laser in a watch !

benmwv

No, I'm sorry but 445 threshold current is about 250ma. 30ma won't get you far with any diode really.

The idea of a 50mah lipo is great cause the good ones are rated 20c so 1 amp bursts with 3 minutes (max) runtime. Of course at high currents the capacity of a cell is usually a bit lower so more like 2 minutes total runtime with a little over 1 watt of power.

This is a really great idea and I hope to build one.

Edit: well I forgot to account for the current used because of boost, with only 1 amp input the flex will put out like 700-800 ma (just a guess, correct me if I'm wrong). If you could fit in 2 if those batteries it would work great.

Last edited:

Twisted

Could I ressurect this thread? I would like to know how I could generate 7v in a watch... maybe with a really good capacitor and a little hole for you to insert the prongs of a battery pack to recharge the capacitor until it gets low on capacitence again??

Bionic-Badger

You can use a super-capacitor and charge it up. Then to get 7V or whatever, you'd need a boost circuit. Perhaps something like a Flexdrive.