Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nM & Kipkay?

Huh? He lies about the laser color? Doesn't make much sense....is he color blind???

Benm

I have no idea, but up to this point making green has been much easier than making true blue. I for one would be very happy if i ordered a 100 mW green module but got a 100 mW 445 nm instead :)

If we pool our output there would be more then enough watts of pure laser sweetness to melt all of Kipkay's cameras into a nice blob. Would likely burst into flames shortly after. Record it all & post as Kipkay's final video.

Last edited:

Asherz

Worlds FIRST blue Laser!

Get your diode now for only $150! Just sticky tape the diode onto each pin of a 9V battery and away you go! Remember to look into it to check it's working!

Last edited:
Reactions: mfo
Okay kip kay as far as lasers is bad but he has some nice ideas and its how i found LPF so, its not all bad.
Maybe one day he will update his video for safety.. one day....

Asherz

Okay kip kay as far as lasers is bad but he has some nice ideas and its how i found LPF so, its not all bad.
Maybe one day he will update his video for safety.. one day....

And not rip off other peoples ideas and products, which would be fine if he didn't also claim it was the first :)

Worlds FIRST blue Laser!

Get your diode now for only $150! Just sticky tape the diode onto each pin of a 9V battery and away you go! Remember to look into it to check it's working!

haha i laughed at this:D sad thing its probably true:(

Trevor

Worlds FIRST blue Laser!

It's such a shame. You're absolutely right.

Though maybe he'll stop claiming Blu-ray lasers are blue (or Blu, as he once said I believe).

-Trevor

yeah, now that there is actually a cheap high-power blue diode, he'll have to at least clean up his terms.

sorry to be lewd, but kipkay is a dumb petty <bleeep> that confuses more than educates.

pffffff to him.

(and i hope he trolls around enough to see this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, what you'll need is:

A coffee table
An anit-static pillow case
18 half-way sharpened #4, yes number 4 pencils. And they NEED to be halfway.
The magnets from the speakers in a new pair of 'ear buds'
AND lastly, your $50 445nm laser diode.

I can already see him making a maglite, or 'cheapy lighter laser burner' using one of these diodes. "And it'll cost about 10 bucks!" and hours of frustration.

I must say that Kipkay did "inspire" me to look into DIY lasers. That said, I just hope this doesn't end up causing kids to blind themselves and getting the whole DIY laser hobby destroyed. That said too, maybe it's a good thing that Kipkay's laser making tutorials often results in destroyed lasers so that people seek out the right sources to make them/give up.

Bionic badger is right. it is a way of separating the laser enthusiasts from the laser admirers... id say the majority of forum members started with kipkays. two of my lasers are kipkay lasers my first (maglight) died of natural causes and my second (blu-ray/red 2 in1)still works. granted i do not use it often (my make-shift housing fell apart) and it wasn't part for part his design. well i have started to ramble just let me leave you with this (something tells me i'm gonna get pelted for this one...) kip kay isn't all bad.