Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

441mw - 8X Panasonic BR

selling lasers over the rated FDA legal limit is illegal unless you have a permit , we are not talking about parts , but as ful built lasers.. certain members have stopped selling full y built lasers because of this.

of course i am speaking for the US .

returning items to a store because you took out a component and returning it as broken is wrong to you as the purchaser and do not have any bearing other than moral here on this site.

HIMNL9

oh, ok ..... no, i was saying about selling lasers in general ..... also here is prohibited sell pointers more than 5 mW, and laws changes from country to country in so illogic ways, that is a complete mess, imho.

But here the risk is different, with custom offices ..... sometimes, the lasers got confiscated, sometimes you get them, and some other times, they just "get lost" crossing custom offices and custom deposits (and a lot of custom officers and deposit personnel gain funny toys :p)

Just for give you an idea ..... a year ago, police arrested some deposit personnel that was opening packages and baggages, and stole items, after indagations and video made with hidden cameras in the deposits ..... few months ago, some other arrests, in the same deposit, from new personnel, for the same charge ..... there was the videos of the first time, on tv, the first time, and the new personnel must know that police was using hidden cameras, but not cared and continued to steal items from packages and baggages .....

Don't know how you call them, i call them idiots ..... :p

returning items to a store because you took out a component and returning it as broken is wrong to you as the purchaser and do not have any bearing other than moral here on this site.

That's only half of it. The other half is selling that diode a full price and ripping off other forum members. So indeed it does have bearing.

Stealing is stealing. No matter how you want to justify it honest people don't steal. Period. These so called moral ideals go way beyond this site. People surround themselves with the same type of people they are. In other words a thief and liar will never have a solid relationship with an honest person. Why? Because you can only cover lies with lies so long. Sooner or later it always comes out, and by then the damage is so massive it can never be repaired. You can not respect a person who steals and lies to you. You can only play the game so long before the game plays you. If you don't believe that watch the news, and the reality shows. It happens all the time. Sooner or later, if you are smart, you find its not worth it. Sadly some people never get it.

And to reiterate, this has nothing to do with breaking FDA laws.

Tyler this is a general statement and not directed as you. So don't take it as an attack. It takes a true man to apologize. I also apologize. Believe it or not it was never personal. It was, and is, all just shits and giggles for me. I tried to tell you that many times. The day I get mad enough to send a threat is the day I throw the PC out the window. Ask anyone here, I have never threatened anyone. Its the freaking internet man. Never let someone behind a PC screen get you to loose your cool.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS !!! :eg:

Dont stir the pot Matt. If I remember you are the one who started this whole thing. How many did you return??? And dont say "none' because we all know you better than that.

Selling lasers and scamming stores and people are 2 totally different things.

how did i start it?
and no, i have never returned a harvested drive to a store for a new one.
I haven't even built an 8x yet, and have never bought a drive other than a dvd drive from newegg.com ages ago.

any diodes i get come as a sled, and are usually bought from one of the store like modwerx or hightechdealz.

not that i wouldn't do it.....i just never had $200 laying around to go get the drive in the first place

Last edited:
how did i start it?
and no, i have never returned a harvested drive to a store for a new one.
I haven't even built an 8x yet, and have never bought a drive other than a dvd drive from newegg.com ages ago.

any diodes i get come as a sled, and are usually bought from one of the store like modwerx or hightechdealz.

not that i wouldn't do it.....i just never had $200 laying around to go get the drive in the first place

it's even cheaper to buy it in person, harvest, then return for a refund ;)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/8x-cheap-41730.html#post545983

Last edited:
ah ok, thats what started the whole thing?

anyways, i still have never done that, but it is a great idea though....and if i had done it, you wouldn't be getting an apology out of me.