Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm Ebay Laser Review!

Well the output looks like more than 150mW.
50mW of 405nm is not visible in daylight :p

Last edited:

Gun

Well the output looks like more than 150mW.
50mW of 405nm is not visible in daylight :p

Really!?! Then it must be over 50mW as it is visible in daylight, how come it doesn't burn electrical tape though? :thinking:

Gun

The laser is focused as much as possible and the battery is fully charged, strange...

well, how does the seller say about the power, some Chinese sellers often provide false data of the light

well, how does the seller say about the power, some Chinese sellers often provide false data of the light.

Gun

You've double-posted that question twice and I linked the laser I bought so you could have checked yourself :p. The seller says that the laser outputs 1mW. The warning sticker on the laser also says 1mW.

Last edited:
Did you focus for a tight beam?
To burn with those you want the beam opened up at a distance and then it will come to a point close to the laser like 5cm or so.

Gun

Did you focus for a tight beam?
To burn with those you want the beam opened up at a distance and then it will come to a point close to the laser like 5cm or so.

I'm a bit confused by what you've said :p

I just focused the laser so I got the smallest dot possible. Are you suggesting I make it a very large dot and then hold the tape/match 5cm away?

Laik

So you ordered this instead of the JAD? Aussie customs surprise me sometimes... I got a clearly labelled <200mW laser pen through customs about a week ago. But back when i first got into the hobby i had a cheap <5mW pen (didn't have a label at all) seized.

EDIT: You focus the laser to the smallest dot possible on the object you want to burn

Last edited:

Gun

No not instead, I explained it in my "Help Me Build My Next Laser" thread. Yeah I was half expecting it not to get through, but it did :).

I'm a bit confused by what you've said :p

I just focused the laser so I got the smallest dot possible. Are you suggesting I make it a very large dot and then hold the tape/match 5cm away?

Exactly. the pic of the big dot on the wall is what it should look like.
Then find the spot where the beam crosses itself.

Gun

Exactly. the pic of the big dot on the wall is what it should look like.
Then find the spot where the beam crosses itself.

Oh okay, I'll try that now :).

EDIT: Progress! So I found a smallish sized dot but not as small as the smallest dot where when I hold it about 1cm away from the tape I can put a hole in the tape! I'll keep adjusting the focus and distance that I'm burning at to see if I can get any faster burning.

I probably should note that the seller of this laser claims that this laser should light matches, both via e-mail and on a little piece of paper that came with the laser.

Last edited:

Laik

Just saw your post in your other thread (and replied) :)