Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3W Handheld Blue Laser Torching Stuff! *Video Went Viral!*

Laik

Soooo jealous of that laser and how viral you have gotten! Congrats though :)

I recently bought a 3W 445nm laser in the Sirius host from Daguin. This laser is absolutely insane! This is my first experience with the 9mm laser diodes, and I have to say that I am very impressed.

Hackaday.cm article! (slightly inaccurate)
3W handheld laser raises hope for a real Lightsaber someday

Also, if you haven't seen it already, check out my video of my 520nm green laser diode build!
Powerful 520nm Green Laser Diode Torch! Step by Step Build - YouTube

WAIT A MINUTE!!! :wtf:
Dave is StyroPyro :thinking:

How did they find out about it? Just through youtube? Have any "news" outlets contacted you because they have quotes from you?

This may also be dangerous too as a whole bunch of uneducated people/kids are going to see this and go "cool i want one" do some quick search's and find the 3.5W kits on ebay..

Taking nothing from you styro!!! Fantastic video!!
All of the quotes they have are directly from my description on my YouTube video. The media is just playing a giant game of telephone with the information. The first site to pick it up was Hackaday.

TBH I'd rather see someone go through the effort to learn how to build their own laser as opposed to just buying an Arctic and not reading up on safety.

Soooo jealous of that laser and how viral you have gotten! Congrats though :)
Thanks! I'm definitely enjoying the amount of views!

WAIT A MINUTE!!! :wtf:
Dave is StyroPyro :thinking:
Nope Dave is daguin, I'm Drake. :D

Ok, This is friggin nuts! Major Congrats to Styropyro for the build and the reaction to it. Soo happy for you!!! :gj: DTR let us know what was going on, and we are just totally blown away. Our host looks sooo pretty out there...LOL Figured I had to re-appear here and say something. Although I posted this on Facebook, it works here as well..cause I know not everyone is on facebook. So, Update on us:

Hello all! Figured we should update you on the current (and past year) status of Dead Eye Lasers.
Since the forced move of February 20012, we had to sell the all important 1939 Clausing lathe that we were creating these wonderful heat-sinks and laser hosts on, and dismantle the shop. We currently have not been able to get another of these fantastic lathes despite our attempts and searching. A major factor in this delay is financial. We had given up DeadEye Lasers for dead.
However, due to the current buzz happening over the laser hosts, it seems that DeadEye Lasers may have become a Zombie..lol. Rising from the grave as Osirus Labs. Although we still have great financial hurdles to overcome, we have been considering a limited run of the Sirius hosts at some point in the future.
We are surprised and honored to find out the interest and excitement over our hosts. Thank You All!! We will keep you posted on developments.

You could always put a link to the original sirius build thread in your video description. Would bring a lot of them back here and they would get a lot more info than just wondering to wicked.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/2w-sirius-1-c-66638.html

Thanks for linking that DTR :beer: That's some beautiful work Sir :)

Amazing work DeadEye :D Congratulations on the resurrection and Osiris!

~ LB

Last edited:
but I have to say
$500USD is a VERY steep price...
Yeah 3W is powerful and all , but with the inverse square law .. it isn't gonna be the HOLY GRAIL to burning stuff as the people would have imagined.....

I always thought....
If multimode is going to give a crappy square beam with awful divergence. Why don't we miniaturize the beam table into a portable laser device?
Its gonna be big and fat almost like a rolled up towel , but at least that way we are gonna get nice beams .
Right?
Right?:huh:

I think it's more about the beauty and uniqueness of the host as a piece of art and Styro's expertise at getting the most out of what's available right now. Science evolves, Art is eternal. My opinion.

~ LB

I think it's more about the beauty and uniqueness of the host as a piece of art and Styro's expertise at getting the most out of what's available right now. Science evolves, Art is eternal. My opinion.

~ LB

True true.
:yh:

Laik

*cough* group buy for the sirius host *cough* :D

Last edited:
Congrats on the video!

Do you happen to have any tips on how to make things catch on fire? Almost everything I hit with my high power lasers burn through too fast to catch on fire.

OK Y'all....you asked for it...you got it! We are NOW taking orders and getting cash together for retooling, and will do a limited run. We would do a basic model on the Sirius1-C...all would have the copper heatsink and be unique, no two would be the same. What does this mean for you? This means that if you want one of the beautiful, unique and functional works of metal sculptures to house your laser creation...you're in luck! If you're wondering what this is going to cost you...well, it won't be cheap,,,but we can tell you that we will be offering these fantastic hosts to existing LPF Members (as of 06/15/2013) with a $200 savings over anyone else. New members (after 06/15/2013) will not be getting this savings. PM me if you want more info!