Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

35W HID Aluminum Alloy Tactical Flashlight! BRIGHT

Re: 24W HID Aluminum Alloy Tactical Flashlight! BR

WackBag said:
I just purchased the 35W Silver model during Half Time of the BCS Championship Bowl game...GO GatorNation! :D
If the forum is interested I'll post a full review once it arrives!

Hi, thanks for your order! Your order will be shipped out tomorrow! A review would be great!

Looking forward to more orders! :)

V

V1.15

jasonck08 said:
Just a heads up, the grand opening sale will be over in a couple days and prices will go up!  If your interested, now is the time to buy! :)

www.tacticalhid.info
No offense or anything, but in the midst of a global credit crunch, do you think that sales will improve, or get worse by raising prices? Just a thought. Trying to help your sales, if you move more - economies of scale suggest a future lower price - we ALL want that!

Since I don't use my master's in marketing for anything else, I figured I'd mention that. Expirence shows that when a price is first established, it is hard to go up on it - unless you have a product that no one else does. Then demand will drive. If you are 'looking forward to more sales' I'd say you are not at that level.

Anyway, until the global recession 'recovers' :lol: I'd consider leaving your prices alone if you want to build your business. Best of luck on your endeavors, and if I find myself in need of a smaller HID flashlight, I will give you an email. (I have a dual-burner, one 35watt, one 50watt HID light with a 10" reflector - talk about a 'search light'... it was built with two Denso type slim ballasts, one chip-moded to 50 watts - the bulbs are both Philips, and one is a 50W Philips Focus Line DL-50 even with two burners running I draw less power than a single halogen bulb)

Published prices will go up on the website a little bit, but I will try to work out some kind of coupon code discount for LPF members in the future once prices do go up. :)

Well, I thought there was an easy way to make a Paypal coupon code, but I guess there isn't unless you use a 3rd party shopping cart system.  So... I have decided to keep prices as is!  Enjoy!  ;)

Oh and we give a $5 discount if you pay via MO. So send me a PM if your interested in buying one that way. Thanks!

Raybo

Has anyone ever heard of a Mag85 or Mag74? It's so easy to assemble that I even have made a few examples of each light!  ;)
It's still a "hotwire" (incan bulb), but will put out 1000+ bulb lumens.
The only downside is the short runtime..........less than 30 minutes on a set of nimh cells, the upside is it's relatively cheap to build and a replacement bulb is less than $5!

I will put up a Mag mod (dollar per dollar) against a HID any day, the color is certainly warmer (around 5000k) and ANYONE can throw one together.
I'm not trying to crap on the sellers thread ( ;)) and i'm not selling anything, all I have is INFORMATION!

Ray

Mag modes are fun. I'll be making a mag623 quite soon... And you can make a powerful light for cheap but... Runtime will be a joke. The mag 623 I'm making will have a runtime of 10 minutes but it will be about 4,000 lumens. HID bulbs are way more efficient!

Have got a question
Is your black 35W the same as the silver 35W as in your first picture they are but the pictures after that it is not the handle and head seem to be different if you can clarify this i will purchase one today and will be black if they are the same : )

Xer0

jasonck08 said:
Although the HID bulb is made by a Germain company.

Could it be... Osram? :cool:

f22warzone said:
Have got a question
Is your black 35W the same as the silver 35W as in your first picture they are but the pictures after that it is not the handle and head seem to be different if you can clarify this i will purchase one today and will be black if they are the same : )

The 35W Black and silver are made by the same company and use the same parts.  The silver light in the picture has more grip around the handle.  Production batches differ slightly from one to the next as the design is modified and such.  My business partner is the one that stocks the lights and ships them.  If you want to know exactly which one you'll be getting, I'll have to wait and ask him to verify this.  Also we are almost sold out of the silver... I think we have 1-2 left.

Let me know if you need more info, and I'll get it later tonight.

-------------

We had a number of orders today.... i think 4-5!  Keep them coming! :)

------------

EDIT: I confirmed that the silver model looks exactly like the black one. The picture on the website was an older stock photo.

Well that's good :p Just placed an order and will review it when it comes ..... wonder if we can put HID reviews in the review section ?

because you know lasers and flashlights are almost the same except lasers can only take out one eye at a time where as flashlights can take out a room of eyes at a time :p

Thanks for your order! The 35W Silver is now out of stock until further notice! We have plenty of 35W black HID lights though.

I'm pushing for a flashlight section in "Off Topic." If you think this is a good idea, vote "Yes" in the Help, and Suggestions forum.

Is the shipping the same for the 35W as the 24W - looks to be different on the web site but the case looks the same

Thanks

Mule

Hi, the 35W will not fit into a Priority Mail flat rate box. The case is longer. Shipping costs us over twice as much to ship the 35W. We also have to buy boxes for the 35W, because we can't use the free Priority mail boxes provided by the PO. Thanks for your question!

-Jason

jasonck08 please pm me back.

And I got a couple of quick questions which flashlight is adjustable. I keep seeing different specs were as the 24w one is adjustable and the 35w isnt, Then its the opposite. I also seen there is 2 modes for the 35w one. Could someone clear this up for me please thanks in advance.

Has anyone received their 24 watt yet????  
I got mine -- fast shipping.  It is a little larger than I thought but for 24 watts, there has to be some mass and batteries there  :)  The finish is good and it comes with the fitted carrying case.  The battery also came fully charged.
It uses a tail clickie on/off switch and the reflector appears to be hemisphereical about 2.6" dia x 1.5" deep.  The top 1/2" is straight walled.

The picture below compares my Sam's Club 35 watt to the new 24 watt.  The lights are on the floor pointing to a white textured ceiling.  The power difference is of course obvious but the 24 watt has a wider beam with more spill.  It would be nice to try some aftermarket reflectors to see what they can do.

I discovered that this light has an adjustment for beam size but it appears to be set on the tightest setting.

Mike

Attachments

• HID1.jpg
    HID1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 93