Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

301/303 Laser Body Thread

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows the thread on the 301/303 lasers. I plan on 3d printing an attachment so I can power my laser with a power supply easier, but am unable to figure out the thread of the main tube. Thanks!

vxEg4kx.jpg

please post an introduction in the welcome section first and add a general geo location to your profile, members really like that. just measure the threads!

Oh, I was hoping you didn't need a tool. Do you think these are metric or imperial?

I didn't think so myself, just gives some more info while you wait for someone who knows.

edit; if you can't get an answer here, just stop by a machine shop and ask for a favour and have the tell you.

Last edited:

Encap

Thanks, I checked but that wasn't the same size thread.

Take it to a machine shop that has thread gauges.

It is unlikely anyone will know the thread size---no reason or need to know it.

Please make a Welcome post in the Welcome sub-forum.

Last edited:
you are hitting all the newbie buttons, no introduction, double posting, asking questions you can find on your own.

GSS

Don't go cheap with gauges even if you only use it a few times. Not the issue of wearing down but they can be very inaccurate.
Go with something like a Starrette.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You've got some good advice here; nothing beats the right tool for the job, but with calipers, you can get a good idea of what you have there.

Measure the O.D., it will be a metric size; the O.D. will be smaller than the nominal thread size, for instance, if it measures 23.7mm, it's most likely a 24mm thread, be careful though, because there isn't a lot of quality control with these cheap Chinese parts.

Next, if you're careful, you can measure the thread pitch with your calipers also. Just measure the distance between the peaks of the threads, it will probably be a fraction of a millimeter, such as 0.5mm, 0.75mm, or most likely with that host, I'd guess it to be 1.00mm pitch.

Just to repeat, nothing beats having the proper tools.

Good luck! :yh:

Hi,
ok this is what you need together ,is a metric thread gauge . They aren't that much money and are cheap. This way you will find the correct size thread.

Rich:)