Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

300mW Red Laser

Hey Guys & Gals.
I thought I'd share some photos and videos of my newest and most powerful red laser (so far).
It is a LOC with LarryDFW's hi-power lens coated for red.
This lens is reviewed here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/larrys-650nm-hi-power-lens-assembly-48648.html
Output power is 310mW average and 319mW peak.
It runs on a single 18650 and flex drive for very long battery life.
It is identical to my 12X violet in appearance, but doesn't quite match it in power.

Hope you enjoy!

Pictures:
LOC Red - a set on Flickr

Video:

And here is the 12X laser I am referring to in case you haven't seen it:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/12x-violet-media-48345.html

Nice laser, it looks great. Did you make the heatsink yourself? I like the black.

Oh, okay. I just liked the design. Was that also made by Flaminpyro?

No, I made the focus ring myself out of brass. A silicone tailcap "nub" will fit right in and keep dust out. I thought it was a nice touch.
:)

Good job then, it looks nice.
thumbsup.gif

cmak

great video, i'm loving the host! It looks like a FlaminPyro build... if you didn't make it yourself, could you possibly link to the thread/page for it? Oh and when you said it looked "identical to my 12X violet in appearance", were you implying that ~300mW 655nm rivals the beam of a >450mW BR?

great video, i'm loving the host! It looks like a FlaminPyro build... if you didn't make it yourself, could you possibly link to the thread/page for it? Oh and when you said it looked "identical to my 12X violet in appearance", were you implying that ~300mW 655nm rivals the beam of a >450mW BR?

The heat-sink was machined by flaminpyro. The assembly was done by me. This is not a kit as far as I am aware... I selected this host because it has not been used for a laser that I have ever seen. I like having things that are unique.
I made the focus ring the way I did (out of brass rod) because I personally think that the Aixiz focus rings look "unfinished" and the chrome did not match the overall look of the host. Also, the larger focus ring allows for easy focusing while maintaining a low profile.

When I said it is "identical to my 480mW Violet," I meant that the host is the same, as well as the custom heat-sink and focus ring. The link is in the original post- otherwise, my signature contains links to my projects and/or reviews. :)

However, the dot of the 300mW red is a bit brighter than 480mW of Violet, although the beam of my violet is much stronger.

cmak

ah, thanks for clearing things up.

Well you sure did a fine job with the host, it is truly unique! If you ever made a kit out of it, I'm first on the list to buy one :D

peace & thanks
-cmak