Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

~300mW 650nm Build with Low Divergence Single Mode Diode from DTR

Nice build! I once also bought the same module but sadly there came a tiny bit of solder between the ADJ and OUT pins of mu LM317 driver :cryyy: Hope to buy one again!

DTR

Are you sure it's a the BDR-206M (or Mbk)?!:confused:

Then I'm a little confused I thought they only have crappy 3.8mm IR/Red double wl diodes.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/bdxl-pioneer-bdr-206m-63328.html <-- click me ( btw love that kind of article! researching for new diodes ftw :thanks:)

I think it's more the new BDR-206UBK or BDR-206DBK because they have a faster 16x Dvd rating instead of the 12x BDR-206M.
I'm also curious which 405nm diode they have? Is it the same thats in the S0J6?

DTR plz help! :undecided:

Yes it is a 3.8mm IR/Red diode out of the 206M sleds. Why is it you say they are crappy???

Write speed as we have seen with the 405's can just be governed by the software not the capability of the diode. Companies sometimes find it more cost effective to just use the same hardware in all the models in a series of product and limit what they are capable of with the software. The other 206 models possibly all have the same diodes.

That sled also has a 3.8mm 405 diode in it as well which is shown in daguins thread.:)

IsaacT

Hey DTR, if it is a combo Red/IR diode, how much IR would I be getting out of it? Do I need IR wavelength glasses or anything?

DTR

The IR side is not hooked up so there is zero IR coming out.:)

Yes it is a 3.8mm IR/Red diode out of the 206M sleds. Why is it you say they are crappy???

Write speed as we have seen with the 405's can just be governed by the software not the capability of the diode. Companies sometimes find it more cost effective to just use the same hardware in all the models in a series of product and limit what they are capable of with the software. The other 206 models possibly all have the same diodes.

That sled also has a 3.8mm 405 diode in it as well which is shown in daguins thread.:)

A friend of mine got a 206m sled some time ago and his red 3.8 only hit ~100mw (no LPM only compared to a 200mw red measured one) but i think he overheated or ESDed it. So many ways to kill or degrade them.:cryyy: Always trusting you DTR :whistle:;)

BTW do you know much power the ir got would be nice for burning if you use them together.Of course only with the right safety googles!! I ve got some red+ir ones :beer:

Last edited:
wow nice looks evil and/or reminds me of the knight rider.

31-day-tv-meme-day-14.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Yeah I can see it :)

I drive with the Knight Rider theme on repeat... Yeah, I'm a Geek.

That build is bad@$$

~ LB

Rez

Ill be building something similar to this soon...

Oh also, the naga(epic?) in the second pic made me smile. Funny how i saw that before i looked at the actual laser