Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$3.74 Laser Tri-Pod Review

BobMc

First of all I have to say they raised the price from $3.74 and free shipping to $4.04 and free shipping. That being said, on with the review;

Adjustable Desktop Desk Table Top Tripod Microphone Mic Stand Holder With Clip | eBay

Ordered 10 of these Microphone Mic Stands from Ebay because they seemed to have the same clips that Sanwu's Tri-Pods had on them. For $3.74 each, it seemed like for the price they might be quite usable. As it turned out, they are just a tad larger (the clips) and have the same threads so all the parts are interchangeable with the Sanwu's, as the pictures will show. (The Sanwu's are on the left, the Ebay Mic Stands on the right). The Sanwu's have a metal insert that once you remove it, all the parts from the Mic Stand fit perfectly. They hold a 6 cell size D mag lite quite well. (not a laser yet, but the day is still young. :) ) and they hold a Sanwu Pocket loosely, but enough to keep it from going anywhere. They do seem to hold the heavier Mag lite builds better than the Sanwu's because they are lower the the ground and they clips open wider because they are a little larger. Which mean you don't have to open them to the max, like you have to on the Sanwu's, to hold a mag lite build. So there's not much difference between the two. The Sanwu's have the extension so you can raise and lower them, which does come in handy.

All in all I am quite happy with the purchase, for a total of $37.40 to get 10 stands that can hold any size build from a Pocket to a D size Mag Lite build, think I made a good purchase. :)

JqBOASr.jpg

kDOazbA.jpg

3XbIe9K.jpg

hi46Jl2.jpg

ZI2zut2.jpg

E9mWeYl.jpg

WNrHZeR.jpg

p0Y5f6r.jpg

ZUiETMT.jpg

1YMtpXk.jpg

GYPq3O1.jpg

T21q0sG.jpg

OwztPAx.jpg

YgcBFi8.jpg

LWlJfQ5.jpg

Hopefully you enjoyed the review. :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice thorough review Bob!
Now comes the fun (and expensive) part, filling them up with lasers. ;)
:gj:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Haha yep, I should have known! :crackup:
If you run out of places to keep your lasers, I can store them in a nice safe place for you! :D

BobMc

Haha yep, I should have known! :crackup:
If you run out of places to keep your lasers, I can store them in a nice safe place for you! :D

Oh man, that is such a great offer, if you wouldn't mind, let me get back with you on that one too. :rolleyes: :)

Ps, I have Arctic's host here, but I don't want to do a review until I upgrade my camera. As you can tell the pictures are not that great quality. So I'm going to hold off a bit. Hopefully in a 3-4 days ???

Last edited:

CE5

Cool Breeze Bob!
Thanks for the review, and providing the link.

BTW, I think yer' gonna need a bigger desk now. :)

Benm

Nice idea :)

I've never really seen ones this size with a clip as they usually come with the screw mount top that most cameras use. I suppose these are intented to clip a phone, but if they open up widely enough to take laser pointers it sounds pretty useful. Perhaps they can also hold the pushbutton down on pointer style lasers, as long as the button is near the center of gravity (which it is usually is not, but i find clothespins useful there).

BobMc

Cool Breeze Bob!
Thanks for the review, and providing the link.

BTW, I think yer' gonna need a bigger desk now. :)
Heee, maybe, but it might cut into my laser budget. :tinfoil:

These are those cheap ones I mentioned. Well worth the couple of dollars .

Nice idea :)

I've never really seen ones this size with a clip as they usually come with the screw mount top that most cameras use. I suppose these are intended to clip a phone, but if they open up widely enough to take laser pointers it sounds pretty useful. Perhaps they can also hold the pushbutton down on pointer style lasers, as long as the button is near the center of gravity (which it is usually is not, but i find clothespins useful there).

These are made for microphones. Actually they are not that unbalanced for their size. They seem to hold a d mag lite just fine. And a 2cell d maglite even better. :)

Last edited:
Just ordered a dozen. Thanks for your effort and time. Hope you find a nice camera.

BobMc

Just ordered a dozen. Thanks for your effort and time. Hope you find a nice camera.

Thanks dden, yea, think you just can't go wrong for 4 dollars-ish for a tri-pod that actually holds quite well. It nice to have matching tri-pods also, snazzy's up the demonstration. :wave:

The camera part, I'm still working on. There's just so much I don't know. It's kinda overwhelming at the moment. My Son's kinda a camera buff, so I'm waiting for him to get some time to "hold my hand" and walk me through what I need to know.:undecided:

Radim

Oh, that's nice review. Thanks, Bob. (I need to give out some reps before giving it to you again.)

I would however prefer metal clamp even at slightly higher cost. Plastic stuff under just light pressure cracks in winter a lot - one of my tripod died as the plastic ring holding vertical angle adjustment joint cracked on two (!) places (even no strong force was used, just it was freezing).

Do you think it could handle even Jet Lasers PL-E Pro host?

BobMc

Oh, that's nice review. Thanks, Bob. (I need to give out some reps before giving it to you again.)

I would however prefer metal clamp even at slightly higher cost. Plastic stuff under just light pressure cracks in winter a lot - one of my tripod died as the plastic ring holding vertical angle adjustment joint cracked on two (!) places (even no strong force was used, just it was freezing).

Do you think it could handle even Jet Lasers PL-E Pro host?

Never thought about how the cold might affect them, I live in Ca. so cold, not so much here. :)

Yes, think they could handle a JL PL-E Pro just fine. I used a 6 cell D MagLite in my pictures to show just how sturdy they were. They are surprising so. :)

Radim

Never thought about how the cold might affect them, I live in Ca. so cold, not so much here. :)

Yes, think they could handle a JL PL-E Pro just fine. I used a 6 cell D MagLite in my pictures to show just how sturdy they were. They are surprising so. :)

Thanks a lot. Hmm... I usually use various stuff found in the forest and taken with me to fix lasers (not a problem so far, one just has to be careful and make sure they are firm enough and kept clean). But still looking for some solution from time to time.

Yes, sunny Cali... No serious issues with freezing I guess. I lived in San Francisco during my master's studies... I loved the climate there, still south must be much warmer. ;)

BobMc

Thanks a lot. Hmm... I usually use various stuff found in the forest and taken with me to fix lasers (not a problem so far, one just has to be careful and make sure they are firm enough and kept clean). But still looking for some solution from time to time.

Yes, sunny Cali... No serious issues with freezing I guess. I lived in San Francisco during my master's studies... I loved the climate there, still south must be much warmer. ;)

I was informed by another member CE5 that you could get adapters to use on them to hold 2 -6 mic/lasers, because they had the standard 1/4 inch bolt on them. (don't know how sturdy they would be) but he mentioned you could go down to your local guitar and check them out before you bought them? :thinking:

Edit: correction, these little mic holders do NOT have the 1/4 inch bolt on them. Just measured them to be sure, came back at 1/2 inch bolt, so I can't be sure if they'd fit anymore?

Edit; was thinking if a person has a Sanwu tri-pod and was to use the metal insert ( see pictures ) and use/put it in the stand that we're discussing it would than change it to a 1/4 inch bolt. Don't know if you can find/buy just the metal insert reducer. :thinking:

Last edited: