Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3.5W RickTrent 445nm C8 (PIC HEAVY)

Just tried making a video... My camera doesn't pick up the sound :(

I also burnt my couch in the process of changing the power mode :undecided:

Thanks for the review. What sort of duty cycle does this thing have? I'm waiting for a 3W laser to arrive, but 3.5W...that is pretty impressive!

About how much heat is generated at the low setting? With that XL heat sink do you even have a cycle time.? If you run it on high for your 30 second cycle and then set it on low, does it start to cool?

About how much heat is generated at the low setting? With that XL heat sink do you even have a cycle time.? If you run it on high for your 30 second cycle and then set it on low, does it start to cool?
nah it stays warm best to turn it off for a bit..

[QUOTE=riHi I'm Doctor90250 aka Wesley. I watched the video wearing noise canceling headphones and and could hear (faintly )what sounded like a scratched vinyl record.
My theory is that just as the chromium atoms in a ruby rod laser, not only give rubies their red color,but also jump to a higher energy state when excited by by the WL of the xenon flash lamps...thus releasing a photon when returning to ground state perhaps one of the dyes or pigments in the fabric is equally reactive to the specific WL of your laser. You stated that not all fabrics will have that response... perhaps you should try other lasers with different WLs on the items that did not have that response...