Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2X14500's Hosts Brass and Copper Mix

Geez Lifetime,
Seeing all your hosts makes being broke suck! Lol
Hopefully I can grab one from you soon or later. Very beautiful hosts LT17 :D

Hi R,
Thanks again and good luck with your new purchase from LPS enjoy it. Yes this hobby will suck the cash out of your pocket swiftly but you gotta love it. Yes that LT2 SS steel with a 3+W is sweet if thats what your referring to. It has an aluminum sink with a copper core pressed in . And the way i machined the sink incorporates the diode ,driver and contact board, This way you can interchange the modules for other WL;s just unscrew the retaining ring and pop in another r module.

Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4a7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4a7.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 26
  • fullsizeoutput_4a9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4a9.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 27
  • fullsizeoutput_4a8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4a8.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 26
  • fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 24

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi R,
Thank you SS sounds like an idea , never did turn anything out of SS . I guess ill have to get some ss bar stock ..

SS doesn't machine too badly, you'll have to try some and give it a shot. It can be a little sticky, but nothing at all like copper, not to mention, you can get some nice finishes. :yh:

Last edited:
Those are beautiful, Rich. I see Alaskan bought the copper one for the SB1573N91 diode I sent him that measured 503nm. It ought to look awesome in that host. I've been using the uncoated acrylic lenses for these diodes as I don't see the rectangular artifact with them as I do with any glass lenses.

Chris, remember to use two Li-ion batteries with that driver that we talked about. Positive end toward the tail cap.

OK, got it, need to order drivers. Host already on the way, wife sending the diode to me. Ordered two 14500 Nitecore batteries and charger separately, worried they batteries might not make it. Military has been cracking down on sending Li-ions through the mil mail.

Hi Chris,
Great you received the info awesome, Yes 2-14500's will power it up. flats or buttons. And with that 505 nice build. I also sent you a hex key in 0.050=4-40. I don't epoxy sinks to the battery tubes for the reason in case a wire should tear off or they were cut to short. This way you have access to the contact board. I try to think ahead and practical. I give a generous amount of wire so no worries about that.

@ paul,
When i made them that was on my mind a 520 or better i might even build the other if no one wants it. Thank you for the reply always good to hear from you and all the rest here at LPF.

@ BT,
Oh i ordered some SS steel stock never turned any but a another learning experience . I ordered the SS Steel in the 303 metallurgy for ease of machining.Wish me luck buddy.

Wow, Rich those are nice!!:kewlpics: I sure hope I came free up funds soon. Cause when I do I'll be takin one. Good work!!

Hi,
Thank you Shotgun i have one left ,Copper battery tube brass sink with copper core.