Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

26 Terabits per second laser

Cool, the Aussie government are changing out the old cables here for optic fibre internet although IMO its a waste of money since my internet is fast enough as it is and i get a ping of under 30 while playing online games which is good enough for me :D

anyway I dont want to rant on about our government, Nice find :D

Hey maybe they could come to Canada and get our worse than 3rd world ISPs to upgrade their infrastructure to measurable standards.
50MBit/sec costs ~$100/month here after 3 months after taxes. How does the CRTC allow such a tragedy to occur!

Hey maybe they could come to Canada and get our worse than 3rd world ISPs to upgrade their infrastructure to measurable standards.
50MBit/sec costs ~$100/month here after 3 months after taxes. How does the CRTC allow such a tragedy to occur!

You're lucky you are even offered internet that fast. The highest speed available to my area (without contracting a company to install fiber) is 15Mb/s down, 2Mb/s up. However due to the extremely fine print in the contract, they reduce the max up speed to 1Mb/s up because "my area doesn't support the full upload bandwidth". You would think that I lived in the middle of no where by the way the cable company treats their customers.

About 70% of Canada is exactly how you are describing! Shaw, Telus and Rogers all do this. About 30minutes outside Victoria you'd be lucky to get uninterrupted digital phone service. Pretty sad state of affairs.