Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mw + 405nm (class 3b)

resal7

Well the driver has an input voltage 3-5 volts....Probably will work...Not sure though...never had any experience with that driver...
But I've read,somewhere in the forum,that they lack "soft start" thus shortening diode life and it needs soldering one-two resistors parrabel with the high current limiter resistor-which is surface mounted,thats gonna be tricky-if you want more than 100mA or something like that....

6x and 300mW? For sometime it's ok....After sometime you wil only have an expensive violet ...Led.
Don't expect over 175-200mW with the SF AW 210 6x 405nm diode and that with a good diode and glass lens (405-G1,is the best...)
At least for a decent diode usage life...

Last edited:

Is just my impression, or that contact strip in the pic looks suspiciously similar to the ones of the SF-AW diodes ? ..... if so, beware that those diodes may probably not be feeded with more than 180/190mA, and for sure don't produces 300mW ..... not for long time, anyway ;)

Hey, to be fair, I have the exact item, it is in fact a 6x blu-ray diode. yes it produces 250mW and peaks 300mW.

The diode has a black square on the back

Gearab (lee kiok) is fine to deal with.

Forget the two AA batteries and that driver, use some of 3.7V protected batteries. That diode is fine, and I don't know much about that driver, everybody talks about groove, rckstr, and flexdrives...

Forget the two AA batteries and that driver, use some of 3.7V protected batteries. That diode is fine, and I don't know much about that driver, everybody talks about groove, rckstr, and flexdrives...

I think the driver this fellow is talking about is the one I displayed in the lab build. It is 6 -15v in at 1A and 2.5 - ~4.5vdc out at a maximum load of 550mA.

You need to ask Mr.Lee about exactly what you are in need of.

Thank you.

Stop trashing a perfectly good and reliable seller.
This man has a near perfect rating on Ebay.
Thank you.

resal7

[QUOTE originally posted by SEOUL_lasers
Thank you][/QUOTE]
Nobody trashes none.
It's just that all the drivers bloompyle mentions are tested and proven to work perfectly.
If someone has limited economic funds isn't it more safe to invest on proven-to-work material?
Until someone does a full scale test to new diodes and drivers(...and when I say someone I mean members of this forum who have the technical skill,the knowledge,the experience,the FUNDS,the time and many more one needs to perform such a test...
Anyway,beeing a good E-bay seller doesn't automatically means that all of his products are of same quality.Specially if he doesn't produce them himshelf,but buys them from another source....
So please,nobody was meaning to be bad with Mr.Lee,but until spesific products are GUARANTEED that they work well,newcomers to lasers world should stay with the proven "recipy"...Why waste money,time and effort when some of the rest of us will do on purpose to help the rest of the community?

Com'on guys if someone has this driver from Mr.Lee,make a review..:thanks:

Last edited:
Howdy well if you are set on a "AA" Mag lite why not go with 14500/14440 Lipo's at 3.6-4.2 volts each and a RCKSTR driver and a PHR or a 6x diode. Scopeguy20 has all kinds of diodes for sale.
You will have to get a custom heatsink made but there are several machinest on this forum so that is not a problem. actully I think JAYROB makes a heatsink for Mag hosts.
If you need anything else you might want to look here.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-laser-parts-44733.html
or here.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-laser-tools-44115.html

Have fun and good luck !

Anyone can tell me a nice diode, module, and driver to make a laser that can light matches etc... for me?

I'd like to make something similar this video:
YouTube - DIY: Homemade Burning MiniMag Lasers

Thanks

Last edited:
[QUOTE originally posted by SEOUL_lasers
Thank you]
Nobody trashes none.
It's just that all the drivers bloompyle mentions are tested and proven to work perfectly.
If someone has limited economic funds isn't it more safe to invest on proven-to-work material?
Until someone does a full scale test to new diodes and drivers(...and when I say someone I mean members of this forum who have the technical skill,the knowledge,the experience,the FUNDS,the time and many more one needs to perform such a test...
Anyway,beeing a good E-bay seller doesn't automatically means that all of his products are of same quality.Specially if he doesn't produce them himshelf,but buys them from another source....
So please,nobody was meaning to be bad with Mr.Lee,but until spesific products are GUARANTEED that they work well,newcomers to lasers world should stay with the proven "recipy"...Why waste money,time and effort when some of the rest of us will do on purpose to help the rest of the community?

Com'on guys if someone has this driver from Mr.Lee,make a review..:thanks:[/QUOTE]

No, if you read the description this is NOT a module you can use for a pointer. It's far to big. The driver is an LM317 Constant current driver.
It's the same driver that some of the beginners use here. Tried and true.

Ask, Geareb he has all sorts of modules and he will customize to your specifications.
You have to ask.

Woah now, everybopdy just chill out. Nobody was trashing the guy, I was just informing th OP of a good driver to use. One that you can get info on within 10mins using the forum, getting info on some random driver on ebay would be a bit more dificult that getting info on a driver that half this forum uses. Don't get me wrong, if it works, it works, but if the person has no idea what he's doing, then a simple rckstr or flexdrive would be a good place to start. Getting a rckstr, a 3405 kit, and a diode would be pretty much the easiest set-up you could ask for, second to getting it prebuilt. Rather than a random ebay diode and driver, then askign somebody what to do with it, I was trying to give him advice on using materials we're all familiar with. That's all, sorry if it came out in a different way, I didn't mean to bash anybody.

You got to ask the seller.
There is a common misconception that if the seller is in Asia, it might be a scam.
Not true. From the tone of the post it looked like you were saying this.
Sorry, I ment no disrespect. I already have a hard time with judgemental/prejudiced personalities living in the most judgemental country on earth, Republic of Korea, ROK.

Again sorry bloompyle.

Why don't you make a review Seoul_lasers

Nobody trashes none.

Com'on guys if someone has this driver from Mr.Lee,make a review..:thanks:

No, if you read the description this is NOT a module you can use for a pointer. It's far to big. The driver is an LM317 Constant current driver.
It's the same driver that some of the beginners use here. Tried and true.

Ask, Geareb he has all sorts of modules and he will customize to your specifications.
You have to ask.[/QUOTE]

Hey Folks,
I know this is an older thread but thought I would make a few comments on this particular module/driver.
I recently acquired this very combination off Ebay. The driver was easy to assemble even with my big hands... Setup to the suggested current setting is also easy with a decent digital multimeter. The laser worked the first time and makes a nice purple beam, in a darkroom or at night, after a little focusing. The one I got had the plastic lens and it is rather loose in the housing. I plan to replace it with a glass lens shortly. ( a glass lens is available at time of purchase for extra$$$)I have done only short term tests so far since I don't have proper goggles yet.(on order). It is suggested in the paperwork that the laser be driven at 200mw for long time use, though the graph included with the module shows a curve going beyond 400 mw.
Oh, and the recommended input voltage to the module is 12vdc, according to dealer.

George