Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

24" aerial shell build

Man I wish I were able to visit you guys when you came to PA. Would have been a learning experience. Those are some manly balls hehe. I'd love to see you guys put a show on one of these days! Looks like alot of fun!

Awesomeness like this never dies bro :P

Good god those 24" shells... I'm beginning to wonder why I never seriously got into this stuff...

In 2003 in New Castle Penn we launched a 36" shell that went up approx 1/2 mile and displayed out to 1/4 mile radius, the lift charge was 14 pounds of black powder and I believe the shell weighed in at just over 350 pounds.

Now I wish I had some pictures of that one, the shell was painted to look like the earth :)

wow i had no idea they were that big

In 2003 in New Castle Penn we launched a 36" shell that went up approx 1/2 mile and displayed out to 1/4 mile radius, the lift charge was 14 pounds of black powder and I believe the shell weighed in at just over 350 pounds.

Now I wish I had some pictures of that one, the shell was painted to look like the earth :)

Now thats ridiculous.... All I've ever set off were some bottle rockets lol

Now that's just mind boggling. I'll bet that concussion felt pretty awesome too. I love the feeling and that deep resounding boom from the big shells XD

Back