Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW S-KY Green Laser from DinoDirect (Outputs over 400mW!) - Detailed Review

200mW S-KY Green Laser from DinoDirect.com

The Basics
This laser is available from DinoDirect.com in 200mW and 500mW, I am reviewing the 200mW version. This laser is very advanced with multiple safety features, quality machining, and great beam specs.

Shipping/Packaging
Shipping took about a week after ordering. It was double boxed and shipped in a very nice metal case. The case is lockable to keep it safe from getting in the wrong hands.
1.JPG

This laser came with a 18650 battery, charger, safety dongle, and key sets for the box and laser.
2.JPG

Overall Appearance/Feel
This laser is built like a lab laser and operates like one. It has both a professional and scientific look to it. It is very large!
3.JPG

The switch is a forward clicky which is located on the side of the laser.
8.JPG

Visibility/Output
This laser starts up at about 230mW and warms up to over 400mW! Not bad for a 200mW rating. After warm up, the laser stays rock solid at about 400mW.
4.JPG

The laser operates in perfect TEM00 without any mode hopping. The beam quality is excellent, and divergence is great. The beam diameter is fairly large when compared to other green handhelds.

Safety Features
This laser incorporates four safety features in the design of the laser. They are keylock, aperture cover, LED indicator, and safety dongle. These features are a great way to prevent an accident.

The safety dongle fits into the tailcap.
7.JPG

The LED indicator is bright blue, and only shines when the laser is running.
6.JPG

The aperture cover operates smoothly. Simply twist the ring at the end of the laser to open or close the cover. It also acts as a great way to prevent dust from getting into the lens.
5.JPG

Overall: This is a great advanced laser. It is my personal favorite portable laser that I own.

Video (in HD!):

Last edited:

Wow! I was hoping for the price to be cheaper, but that laser is NICE! Do you have any other reccomendations at DD?

Wow! I was hoping for the price to be cheaper, but that laser is NICE! Do you have any other reccomendations at DD?

Lol I was thinking the same thing. It's even more than an Aries 532nm laser from Laserglow :/. But, Laserglow uses C size batteries.

That is pretty high for a 200mW but about right for a 425mW RPL style laser.

@ Limecat That's a pretty small cat or a very large lime :crackup:
Great avatar I love it :D

Last edited:
That is pretty high for a 200mW but about right for a 425mW RPL style laser.

@ Limecat That's a pretty small cat or a very large lime :crackup:
Great avatar I love it :D

Lol thanks, but it's not my cat. Limecat is like the first internet meme I knew of, before there was even a name for em lol. Limecat | Know Your Meme

PS. sorry for going off topic.

Last edited:
Nice laser, Though It costs half of that price directly from S-KY.

Wow. That's a helluva laser with a matching price tag! That looks like it's FDA compliant too which is an added bonus.

What made you go all out spending almost $700 on a laser from DinoDirect?

Other than that, great review and really cool laser :D

It's really a cool awesome laser!~

Are you interested in Group Buy for this Laser? If you there is more than 20 people, I may can help you guys apply coupons for it!~

What kind of pricing would we be talking about at 20 ppl?

At $700 I doubt we will get many buyers for a 200mW. This particular laser was luckily overspec. But we cannot really count on that. Get it down to around $250 and we can probably see some action, Mic ;)

Last edited:
This is a awesome laser and Brand SKY, we also provide 1 year Guarantee for it. You know very well it deserve such a price!

If you can guarantee a >400mW laser every time, yes. But we know how that goes. Plus we still need to see how much IR its putting out. And I would guess this is a hand picked review unit.

There are too many "Ifs" to warrant such a high price.