Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW Red Pen Style from DX - Detailed Review

I ordered a dilda. When it arrives, I hope it gives me as much *pleasure* as it has (apparently) given all of yous. Already have the rechargable CR2's LiIon and charger, so once it arrives, I'll be able to go str8 to town (no screwing around).

sarbanes said:
PS: If customs conficates your dilda, do you get penizlized? :'(
I've never heard of that happening. If you are in the US they usually just send a letter saying that it was confiscated. If you are in the US then you shouldn't have a problem with it being confiscated though.

Mine (DX200) should arrive soon,
Are there any safety glasses available for less than $39.oo?
I'll need some for a red LD & a green.

Here's a few things I do to ensure I always have my goggles and batteries with this laser. To safely store the batteries (if some of you guys have a problem with this, please correct me) inside the laser, I just cut a small piece of cardboard to prevent contact. The DX200 also fits really well in the back of the Wicked Lasershades case with no problem.

Attachments

• DX200_Small.jpg
    DX200_Small.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 121
I ordered the charger and CR2's from DX. After the two week wait, I opened the enveloped and found the charger but no CR2's and no partial shipment note. The envelope said "batteries and charger." :mad: So, it looks like another wait. :'(
I did buy some 200mah CR2's on ebay for just a few bucks. The laser works fine but I'm not able to light white matches as in the review. Black matches and dark balloons do burn and pop (respectively) pretty quickly though. I'll wait for the SureFire CR2's from DX before I make my judgment.
This is indeed a nice laser and you can't beat the price. If you don't think you have the ability to craft your own then this is a way to go. The lasers available from known forum members seem also very good. But, you really do get a feeling of accomplishment when you construct your own laser. There's certainly enough research on this forum as a guide and besides that, it's fun and you learn a great deal.

I just received a small order from stonetek with a new lens and a couple goodies for later modding, and am very impressed by the new aixiz lens he sold me. first, it corrected the problem it originally had of the beam moving in a circular path (like 3 ish degrees off center) while I turned the focus knob, and secondly its a billion times better than after I broke the original... haha

protip, never take apart the lens unless you have a new one in the mail.

once i find my usb cable I'll post pics comparing stonetek's driver to the original dx200 one... although i'm sure someone else might have...

I got another one of these in the mail today and it is a little different, the focusing head is a little loose and it extends much farther out then the first one I got. It still works great though, it even prompted me to make this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEs36W-N3cs

styropyro said:
I got another one of these in the mail today and it is a little different, the focusing head is a little loose and it extends much farther out then the first one I got.

Sounds like your first one came with the acrylic lens and the second one you got came with an aixiz glass lens. Its longer and makes the head stick out further, also it'll feel a little looser because it has a metal (brass) casing which makes it not as snug in the threads as the acrylic with the plastic casing. I like the glass lens better.. According to my tests, its worth an additional 25-30 more mW over the acrylic lens.

Cool vid btw! ;)

I fixed the "problem" of the extended lens head by holding the lens and screwing in the head, now it doesn't stick out as much. I wish I had my Acrylic dilda to compare it to, I can't find it. :-[

daguin said:
[quote author=sarbanes link=1209696536/60#65 date=1217118174]PS:  If customs conficates your dilda, do you get penizlized? :'(

I see what you did there[/quote]

I just saw that and almost fell off my chair. ;D

United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only."

Do they really not ship to US?

daguin

brokenlighter said:
United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only."

Do they really not ship to US?

Really.

Peace,
dave