Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

>200mw of REAL green output <$200

Is there a laser, that actually has >200mw without dropping power, mode hopping or other problems? Im searching for 200mw of green. i dont mind more mw's of IR, but i really do need >200mw of green.
The more mw's the better.

Thanks.

DJNY

Look at my signature ;)

Edit: It IS IR filtered

Last edited:
Look at my signature ;)

Edit: It IS IR filtered

I've had my eye on that model as the best "mW for the buck" in 532 for some time now.

I guess I'm just waiting on a few more of the new <400mW 532's from O-Like to come in and see if they're all mode hopping, too hot, and way under 200mW with IR filtering like the one that's been reviewed so far.

A few more come in that are okay, I might buy that one instead. I just want a visually bright green as a starpointer/looker, and "reasonable" beam specs are fine.

If a few more show problems like the first one, I think I'll get the "transformable" one as well.

DJNY: i cant find reviews or more info about that transformable laser. so it has a IR filter...means it cannot burn?
Plus i know the peak...but what power is it average?

Thanks.

thanks. if no other option comes up this month im buying it.

inst this a good laser?
New Gatlin Green laser 200mW/waterproof/adjustable [OLGA-200] - $189.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Im not buying anything without a review from a member here.
Its sad how many shit lasers there are out there.

I have the 100mW version and I love it.
http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=32
Since my "Cute 200mW" greenie got wrecked this is my favorite.
it's a big hit at the local leash fee dog park too.
i can get the dogs chasing this dot all over the 5 acer park from one position.
and a great time is had by all.

I have the 100mW version and I love it.
New Gatlin Green laser 100mW/waterproof/adjustable [OLGA-100] - $96.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
Since my "Cute 200mW" greenie got wrecked this is my favorite.
it's a big hit at the local leash fee dog park too.
i can get the dogs chasing this dot all over the 5 acer park from one position.
and a great time is had by all.

i need more info about battery life, IR, and power stable or not.

DJNY

DJNY: i cant find reviews or more info about that transformable laser. so it has a IR filter...means it cannot burn?

Thanks.

One of my earliest posts at this forum, you can read down the page
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/200mw-transformable-focusable-green-laser-43868-2.html#post617220

This laser burns VERY WELL!
If you want I can make a burning vid and burn several items with it next Tuesday when I have a bit time again. Who told you that you need IR to burn? IR is a bad wavelength to burn. The lower the WL, the more power (405nm are burning beasts!). According the battery, it has a very good runtime, like 1h use for one battery load. I didn´t test and timed it, just a guess. But since I have it (and I use it a lot) I loaded the 18650 not more than 3 times. Hope that helped.

One of my earliest posts at this forum, you can read down the page
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/200mw-transformable-focusable-green-laser-43868-2.html#post617220

This laser burns VERY WELL!
If you want I can make a burning vid and burn several items with it next Tuesday when I have a bit time again. Who told you that you need IR to burn? IR is a bad wavelength to burn. The lower the WL, the more power (405nm are burning beasts!). According the battery, it has a very good runtime, like 1h use for one battery load. I didn´t test and timed it, just a guess. But since I have it (and I use it a lot) I loaded the 18650 not more than 3 times. Hope that helped.

if that aint to much of a pain, it would be nice! :)
Sounds like a great laser! :)

DJNY

if that aint to much of a pain, it would be nice! :)
Sounds like a great laser! :)

I should add that I was very lucky to get such a great first real laser for such a price. It has >200mW power 1sec after I start it, never fall under 200mW, always stays in nice TEM00 mode. Perfect laser :)

I should add that I was very lucky to get such a great first real laser for such a price. It has >200mW power 1sec after I start it, never fall under 200mW, always stays in nice TEM00 mode. Perfect laser :)
?
do you mean i have chance to get a underspec version of that laser?

DJNY did you get the transformable from o-like.com or o-like.net because the link in your sig links to .net, It still says on the homepage to go to .com due to payment issues

Jaxz

a o-like green with true green IR filtered that peaks at 242mw? that only 165 dollar? cant believe it

Thanks.

I think you need to do some more research before you ask anymore questions. You cannot make an informed decision without first being informed. Just asking people to tell you what to buy isnt a good way to go about it.

DJNY

Guys, I have the equipment IR filters, goggles which blocks 532nm (and would let IT through), 2x Laserpowermeter.