Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW of green for $125 shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dnar

Just checking, you did peal the sticker off the output window right?

Also, if you are wearing safety glasses (you are aren't you?) you may not see anything also!

Howie

Just checking, you did peal the sticker off the output window right?

Also, if you are wearing safety glasses (you are aren't you?) you may not see anything also!

Good questions.

The label that was over the output window was off. Also, I have everything sent to me at work and I didn't have my glasses, but I did have it directed in a safe direction with no one around.

Howie

I had contacted the seller and they responded quickly. After a couple emails back and forth, I think it might be figured out.

I had ordered the analog unit and apparently it needs a signal. They told me if it isn't fed an analog signal, I can run 5v to the TTL and that will work. I'll throw together a simple 5v circuit tomorrow and see what happens.

I ordered a few FlexmodP3s the other day, one of them for this, and I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to hook it up but if I can get this working, thats the first step.

That would be exactly why.. I didn't realize you had the analog module. Give her 5V and you should get a beam!

You don't need a flexmod since the module already has an analog driver. The little black box with the modulation wire coming out of it is the equivalent of a flexmod but it also includes a drive circuit for the TEC that keeps the laser's pump diode stable.

Last edited:

Howie

Well how embarrassing is that? :oops:

I specifically ordered the analog to avoid having to hook up the Flexmod and all that since this is all so new to me. A week later, it shows up and I'm thinking those wires are for TTL and I'm scratching my head wondering how it's ran analog.

I guess I have to wear the dunce cap tomorrow. :whistle:

Don't feel bad.. there's kind of a learning curve. Keep reading, experimenting and asking intelligent questions like you've been doing and you'll get it down no problem.

flecom

Well how embarrassing is that? :oops:

I specifically ordered the analog to avoid having to hook up the Flexmod and all that since this is all so new to me. A week later, it shows up and I'm thinking those wires are for TTL and I'm scratching my head wondering how it's ran analog.

I guess I have to wear the dunce cap tomorrow. :whistle:

have you actually tried to put a signal between 0~5vdc and see if it dims?

Howie

have you actually tried to put a signal between 0~5vdc and see if it dims?

Yes, I just got home and dug out one of my cheap adjustable dc power supplies and dmm and it works as advertised!

My meter isn't the best but I could see the dot appear around 300-350mV and I only went up to about 4.1 volts. The intensity appears to increase smoothly with the voltage, as I'd assume it should.

The beam appears fairly tight and once I throw together a trustworthy 5 volt source, I'll compare it side by side to my RPL 260.

hi guys, how's it going.

this is Alan, i am the sales for triAngle Lights on eBay. I just wish to say hello to everyone and wish to thank ElektroFreak and others on providing a review and feedbacks on this product.

i will check this post and other leads regularly as i myself have a lot to learn on lasers, since i am a sales not a tech. but if you have questions that need a quick reply, please write to: triangle.lights@gmail.com, or send us ebay message.

Alan

Howie

hi guys, how's it going.

this is Alan, i am the sales for triAngle Lights on eBay. I just wish to say hello to everyone and wish to thank ElektroFreak and others on providing a review and feedbacks on this product.

i will check this post and other leads regularly as i myself have a lot to learn on lasers, since i am a sales not a tech. but if you have questions that need a quick reply, please write to: triangle.lights@gmail.com, or send us ebay message.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your help even though the problem was on my end. Great service!

dnar

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your help even though the problem was on my end. Great service!

Hi Alan, I second Howie's comments! Great service, good deal. A pleasure to do business with you Alan.

Regards,

Wayne.

flecom

Yes, I just got home and dug out one of my cheap adjustable dc power supplies and dmm and it works as advertised!

My meter isn't the best but I could see the dot appear around 300-350mV and I only went up to about 4.1 volts. The intensity appears to increase smoothly with the voltage, as I'd assume it should.

The beam appears fairly tight and once I throw together a trustworthy 5 volt source, I'll compare it side by side to my RPL 260.

this is great news! :D

think I am going to have to order some of these for some projects :D

Howie

Here is a short video I took earlier with my RPL-260 next to the Trilights 150mW.

I threw together a simple 5v source and for all intents and purposes, it's running at 5v.

I know it's not the best quality and all that but I was just messing around. :)

YouTube - RPL-260 vs Trilights 150mW analog

plexus

I acquired some IR filters from an ebay seller in china. The trilights 150mW I have was putting out around 350mW pre-IR filter. I then tweeked the current pot to about 420mW. But for some reason now its putting out 525mW. In any case, I put one of the IR filters on the aperture and with the filter I get about 280mW. Odd. 525mW unfiltered 280mW filtered.

Wondering about the quality of these IR filters...

Nothing odd about that.. these things produce a LOT of IR, which has been stated a few times so far in this thread.. almost 35-40% in my case, and I'm sure that's par for everyone's. I didn't want to mislead anyone, which is why the title of the thread was changed from 300mW of green to 200mW of green. Everyone's will be different, but there is a high percentage of IR from these modules.