Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

>200mW High Powered Green Laser Comparison

Good luck with the sale. BTW, if you want to sell one of those IR filters, shoot me a PM.

The time has come my friends. I received the rayfoss replacement today. They were kind enough to include a couple of their new drivers for Blu-ray lasers. i will be testing one of these out soon. As for the laser it is great. I messed up though so the review will not be as accurate as it should. I apologize. i will be updating the first post in a little bit.

@ bryce 007, If you want an IR filter, just PM me. Tha goes for anyone who wants one also....... rob

The time has come my friends. I received the rayfoss replacement today. They were kind enough to include a couple of their new drivers for Blu-ray lasers. i will be testing one of these out soon. As for the laser it is great. I messed up though so the review will not be as accurate as it should. I apologize. i will be updating the first post in a little bit.

Let me know how those drivers go. What do you mean new? They came out with another blu-ray driver? I ordered 3 of them, and 2 came in set at the wrong current. Kinda sucks because I needed them for builds for friends for Christmas.

BTW, if you end up wanting to sell one of those drivers, let me know.

Well they gave me 2 different types. They said one was the new type. I will see how well they drive a PHR and then try out an SF if they can provide enough current to kill the PHR.

Haha, I guess styroawesome and I are the exceptions to the rule :p
The only time I saw a 200mW laser was when a 250mW rated (200mW output) laser I ordered for a client (from glenn, nice guy) arrived.

same here. :p I don't have a high-powered green or red, in fact all I have is a 95mw blue
Maybe I have convinced my family.....:san:

Hopefully your CNI isn't one of those unlucky DOA units...

CNI: Canceled due to fear of poor quality based on the nearly 50% fail rate as of late.

Hi, did I miss something here? Aside from Don't Lase Me Bro's crazy string of bad luck, who else got a DOA from CNI? Did it come from one of Glenn's GBs?

I'm hunting for a 532 with a stable avg. o/p of 300mW or more, TEM00 operation and aside from a *real* RPL, I think A CNI PGL's the only feasible option. Hence, my concern for your above posts... :-/

Hi, did I miss something here? Aside from Don't Lase Me Bro's crazy string of bad luck, who else got a DOA from CNI? Did it come from one of Glenn's GBs?

I'm hunting for a 532 with a stable avg. o/p of 300mW or more, TEM00 operation and aside from a *real* RPL, I think A CNI PGL's the only feasible option. Hence, my concern for your above posts... :-/

I know DLMB had some bad luck, and I think... was it Ohada?... needed a replacement, but I think he ended up getting a 500mW++ unit.

Glenn has been working to make sure CNI's QC issues are cleared up and he said he is confident that the PGL-III-C 532s should arrive in good working condition.

By the way, thanks for the comments on the review. I'm glad you liked it. ;)

It would be used for green lasers im a laser seller on e-bay jayrob did a review on my laser module if you want to check it out. This would be great to test the output and it appears to be a reasonable cost unit.
Can you give me a link to where i can purchase this.
Thanks

Exerd

I just bought a 350-400mW O-Like module that arrived the other day. I collimated and put it on the meter tonight, and it warmed up to 476mW, with average around 400mW. Guess I got lucky.

I am going to see if I can mill a certain LED host I have here to fit it. If the host I have won't fit in the end, I am going to sell the module. Let me know if you're looking for one.

...Glenn has been working to make sure CNI's QC issues are cleared up and he said he is confident that the PGL-III-C 532s should arrive in good working condition...
Well that's certainly comforting to know :)
It's a real shame though to know that making the "jump" from a [serious] amateur etailer like O-Like, RayFoss, etc. to more formidable companies like Viasho and CNI does not necessarily guarantee quality... :undecided:

I just can't manage the [$$$] jump to Optotronics / Laserglow and I already have to wince when hitting the enter button on a $465, 300mW CNI deal, so the last thing anyone wants to worry about at this pricepoint is quality assurance... :cryyy:

(T.G.F.G. ... Thank Goodness for Glenn :D)