Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW Green Pen from FocalPrice $74.61

john_lawson said:
those are somtimes focusable  i have recieved some that had 2.5 mrad
and focused down to about 1.5  ;D

all of them are focusable
Just need to take them apart to do it ;)

If someone wants to take the time to lead me through the "details" (via PM please, I don't want to look like a TOTAL idiot) I will attempt thr disassembly and ensuing destruction/focusing of this laser.

I'm kinda praying that Dave has time for a "noob" at the moment - maybe it's the hat...

LMAO (with no recourse to justify such amusement) ;D

WRM

Hey, What's with the black shot glasses? Do they act like a poor man's beam dump? ;D

LMAO ;D

The shot glasses were kinda "there" anyway (kinda goes with the Tecate can, right?) ... But hey - whatever works!

Got my KD 200mW in the mail yesterday...Nowhere near as impressive as this one and just over twice the price, review to come later tonight but looks like I got hosed (which is too bad because I've been really happy with their responses to questions, etc as well as shipping time)... Have a buddy with a RPL for sale locally but he wants like $250 for it so maybe I'll just keep messing with the cheapies for awhile.

Oh yeah, and BTW, tequila doesn't burn at 144mW, just for the record.

Benm

I guess you got lucky on this laser.. i was sure in any way i got one with the same performance for $76, i'd be ordering right now. But with all the problems with focalprice products i fear it will likely be a complete waste of money.

I'll be using the tool time method for host on this laser. It will be in the mail today hopefully and will start the project soon. All hogged out brass and copper from the plumbing section at ACE. That way I can use
the 3 AAA power pack. ;). At least 120mW I'll be happy with as long as it last. :p

Nice review :D

Whoa that's a lot of IR coming out of that greenie!

Should eat up the AAA's really fast..

ideas

nice review thanx, was considering them but am nog looking at the 200mW on CR123A they offer

Looks like a good price for the power, but I'll probably go with O-like because I know it will be what it says it is.

hei.......now.. this laser is sold at 44.7 dollars!....a good deal...a 125mw very cheap!....but MAYBE brewcity...is only lucked to have a good unit... a very very good unit. i am afraid that maybe other lasers could be 50mw ..... but if they are ALL above 100mw..... wow.... i could quickly buy it for 44$ !!

jwc

I just bought one for the hell of it for $44.70... Let's see how long it takes to get here (_if_ it gets here...).

These hosts are very difficult to take apart completely. However, unlike the LEDshoppe 50mW, whose lens seems to be glued in place, they are focusable. I have a 5mW NewWish pen that I got from DX last September (which is actually 50-80mW!!!) and I can clearly see that by sticking a screwdriver down and applying gentle torque, you can easily adjust the focus. That laser has a much tighter, cleaner beam than my LEDshoppe laser.

Looks really bright, I'd say you got a great deal ;) Even if it is 50mW underspec, for 75 bucks you can't beat it ;D

jwc

Got it today. Looks similar to what BrewCityMusic ordered, except for the fact that there was no yellow label at the head of the laser.

BrewCityMusic: is there a warning label on the back on the opposite side of the pen clip with a picture of a green beam and a rating of <200mW?

As for the power output, it's nowhere near what BrewCityMusic was reporting. If I were to guess, I'd say maybe 50mW if I'm lucky.

So my suspicions are confirmed, FP is not reliable at all.