Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw Dilda?

With that wattage or less (150-200ish) you aren't going to see a red without some smoke.

Try some incense or blow out a couple matches, etc.

You should see it pretty well then.

My 250mw isn't really visible either, just barely if you are behind the laser looking almost the same line at what it's pointing at.

If you take it out in the fog some night you'll probably be amazed at how visible it is.

And if you get a merth lens from jayrob, it's allot nicer.
Also LarryDFW sell's a mod lens.(but i have not tryed his :( )

If you have a "Dilda" i suggest this for an upgrade to the stock laser.
Laserbee (jerry) did a full report on this laser using the 3.6v juice battery's without a change to the laser at all. (http://laserpointerforums.com/laser...owthread.php?t=36100&highlight=dilda+laserbee)
The link to the CR2's (http://tinyurl.com/p4peue)
Now out of the 5 "Dilda" lasers i have and 3 from different websites, i like many, found O-like.com to be the best in price and service along with the laser beeing the MW (180-200MW) advertised.
In the photo below i used veary little smoke during the daytime.

Attachments

• Dildawithjayroblens.jpeg.jpg
    Dildawithjayroblens.jpeg.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I agree, the best source for the dilda is definitely O-like (www.o-like.com) - faster shipping than most, great customer service, and they ship to advertised specs (unlike DX, KD, or most of the others)

D

Deleted member 8382

As others said O-like is the best source for the dilda, but you alredy hve it so let's try to solve the problem.

I had a dilda for a while and the beam was quite visible in complete darkness. If yours is not then you got a bad unit. (@icecruncher: why do you say this? It is visible!)

Focus it to the infinite (try to keep the dot as small as posible in a far wall) and then point the sky (beware of planes!!) If you can't see nothing then you just got ripped.

Try to use 3.6V cells , I tested what Laserbee said and it's 100% true, the power increases, and for what others said, most of the "defective dildas" go on 200mW when using this ones.

If it burns, you should be able to see the beam. However, it's not very visible except under the right circumstances. The easiest is to use smoke.

Without smoke, the beam should be somewhat (clearly, but not brightly!) visible in darkness if you hold the laser near your head so that you're looking down the beam (dust motes in the air will cause brighter sparkles). It is a good idea to aim at something black, otherwise the dazzle from the bright dot tends to overpower the faint beam.

If you put your laser down so that it shines at a far wall, then go to the dot and look back at the laser (CAREFUL - don't get near the beam with your eyes!!), the beam should be more visible, as there is more scatter in the forward direction.

Pointing it at the night sky, the beam should be immediately obvious.

Emc2

Okay, well I just got this laser today.

From here:http://www.bestofferbuy.com/highpow...-p-6978.html?zenid=v80atujvm2js5scrf204on21g0

I got it to burn, looks pretty nice, I like it.

However, I can't get the beam to show in complete darkness..?

What way should I focus it? I can make it into a regular dot, but still no beam, even in complete darkness..

Thanks.

Yes you need smoke or some sort of atmosphere in the room. The beam comes out wide and it is hard to see that way. Right now my apartment has really clean air and the beam of mine is not visible. With a small amount of smoke from a candle it will begin to show up. Mine is at least 195mW and it is dazzleingly bright. How well does your burn?

-T