Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.5w g1 in a c6 host possible??

D

Deleted member 22482

It is possible to get near that number is what I would say if you are running on a high amperage and you are using a very good lens like the g-1 or something. 1.62A atleast, but it would be near 1.8A if you want it that power. And your diode has to be a high effiency one.

All I have got is 2.15W (running at 1.62A + g2 lens) but that wasn't my build.. I bought it off someone.

D

Deleted member 22482

Considering the one I had was 2.15W at 1.62A, why not? But mine used copper heatsink and module. The diode must be a lucky shot aswell, but 2.3W is what I would guess at. Maybe 2.4 if lucky.

Blord

Everything is possible if you take the runtime in account. Like 5 sec on and 1 min off. :)

Considering the one I had was 2.15W at 1.62A, why not? But mine used copper heatsink and module. The diode must be a lucky shot aswell, but 2.3W is what I would guess at. Maybe 2.4 if lucky.

Because you will damage the Diode from Overheat, Buy bigger host.:beer:

D

Deleted member 22482

Unless you follow mr. Blords recommendations. I reccon seeing a 2.3W C6 here with a duty cycle of 20 or 25 secs and 1 min off at 1.8A or something.