Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 445nm Lasers starting at 180$ Shipped!

that guy's profile and postings give me a real shady vibe like something aint quite right ... trust your guts, grasshoppers ... stick with an American builder/seller like Yobresal or DTR ... Yob. is a good guy and dedicated to this hobby, fully which I appreciate, of course.

Yea Yobresal and DTR are good builders/sellers. And of course there is me too :D. By the way Heirophant you can do what you want by going into your UserCP then edit your signature. Then when you are editing your signature just choose whatever font color you like. Take care. :beer:

It appears I just got mine in the mail. It was shipped to the wrong address, but I will be able to test it out in a week to see if it's the real deal; certainly sounds like it though. I'll rescind the paypal dispute once I can test it out.

So I just called and escalated my dispute with paypal. Paypal was going to keep the claim open till 12/30/10, but after I called and gave them a narrative they accelerated the claim and closed it out immediately and gave me a refund.

Let's review...
I contacted kiyoukan at 11-11-2010, 11:50 AM and inquired about purchasing one of his lasers. I was quoted a price $210, and estimated shipping date of 11/15 to 11/17.
I sent a payment via paypal on 11/11/10.

On 11/19 I inquired about a tracking #
He replied back that lasers would not ship until 11/20 because of delays getting the parts.

Did not here anything from seller. PM'd on 11/29 asking for tracking number.
Did not hear anything from seller, opened claim on 12/1 w/PP
Still did not hear anything from seller, escalated to dispute on 12/2.
Seller reappears on LPF with story about being sick.
12/3 PM Seller asking him to cancel order as I have already opened dispute.
12/3 Seller acknowledges request to cancel and says money will be returned in 4 days.
12/10 Seller provides PP with "UPS" tracking #, number was not a valid UPS Tracking #, tracking number was valid USPS #.
Decide to wait and get laser since he shipped it. Suppose to arrive by 12/11.
12/13 Check tracking number at usps site. Item was delivered, but not to me. I live in Los Angeles, item was delivered to San Fran "Delivered, December 11, 2010, 10:25 am, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94129"
Called paypal explained that seller gave USPS tracking under UPS shipping, and that tracking number is not for the item that I ordered.
PP checks tracking info, agrees that something is phishy, and gives me an immediate credit.

I just received two units with batteries and charger. No glasses here so no way to test yet.

We will see if the quality is good.

I had filed a claim at Paypal already but they are just looking into it. No refund yet

Ill cancel it if these check out

well TeufelWolf, sorry to hear that but thank god for,
http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps1509.pdf
So no lose will occur on both sides.
i just checked the tracking number i sent and i did give the wrong tracking number. all i wrote on the slips were zip codes not order names. that will be a correction for next time lesson learned.
names plus zip code should make things much more organized.

jmoney00,
Glad to hear you got the units.

I love and hate the holidays they seem to go very bad or okay this holiday has been bad.
From a personal one to shipping a packaged ordered on the 29oct and shipped nov 5th just arrived. this was a large order of chargers 45 in total.
chargers.jpg

The reason i have not been on lpf is the holidays gave me an early surprise gift,
My car got towed from my relative house while visiting them. needless to say the car had my pc. so 500$ later i had my car back and a court case against BT towing... i hope to have this bull shit charge reduced, 500$ for a impound? they only had to drive the thing 4miles to the holding lot and they only had it less than 10 hours. bunch of crooks...
So after that is almost done being taken care of i should be much more active.
All orders went out and one order is being redirected back to me due to charge back but that is fine. no one loses in the end.
also found a nice driver that is going to make possible over 2w portable lasers.
Now it will need some modification but not much.
LED Driver Circuit Board for Cree MC-E / SSC P7 Emitter 5.5-12V [LD-LED-Driver-V9] - US$7.50 : LED-DNA
Also for those who use the ones on DX here is a more powerful version.
LED Driver Circuit Board for Cree MC-E / SSC P7 Emitter 2800mA [LD7X7135-2.8A] - US$6.00 : LED-DNA
so again if anyone here still needs something worked out email me.
kiyoukan@gmail.com (not worried about spam bot i have a great filter but keep the word dick penis and any other expletive out of messages or they will be sent to spam. My spam box being over 200 spam messages a day i do not check it.)
If any one has any more questions let me know.
images of the silver laser.
sideview.jpg

frontview.jpg

fullveiw.jpg

parts2.jpg

parts3.jpg

some beams shot.
Im am no god at cameras, but i got a friend coming by soon to help.
P6291148.jpg

picture of the laser outside.
P6291157.jpg

picture inside sitting on a table.
The beam looks amazing in snow i am going to try to get some of those if its snowing tonight.
Looks like someone is throwing glitter in the beam.
So long winded message i know but its has been well over due.

Last edited:

Kevlar

You better get your dizzle together after the holidays though :whistle:

I've been reading this thread and I can understand why people would get upset and even start PP disputes but at the same time I feel a little bad for you Aaron. I know you are not out to rip anyone off. I've dealt with you in the past and he is a good guy. I've been in, and seen a few GB's by you and although some didn't go too smooth, everything way taken care of in the end.

The issue I had, I see happening here, and by your own admittance, you are not very organized. Sure you've had some very bad luck lately but computer's are everywhere. I didn't receive my package when it was expected either. I contacted you and you thought you mailed it out but it was instead misplaced in your room, IIRC.

Aaron, just some friendly advice. :beer: People that haven't dealt with you in the past can get nervous when they've paid for something and there is nothing showing up in the mail and no communication from you. Just got to get more organized. Maybe you need an administrative assistant? ;)

Kevin

I had a partner that was going to take care of all shipping and online portion and my job would be production. but he wanted 50% of anything made and for shipping and answering questions didnt seem fair to the amount of time i spend working in the shop making them and also being the one to order over 3,000$ in parts he had no investment in any of it. needless to say i am still looking for a person to take and fill that role. Any members in the greater Detroit area want to make some money?
But it seems as i just get a system down and all is right, (learned the hard way anything shipped must be tracked! even if it means eating a 35$ shipping charge when they only paid 20$...)
Something goes wrong. and yes pcs are every where but going without my car was not an option and even after cashing in my pc for an older one and some cash i had to pimp myself out to pay off the rest to some people who lent me the money.
But my debits are paid and i am back to square 1.
But i am serious if any of you live in detroit and are good send me an email. i can do fate hourly rates or % based.

You'd probably do better to manage that yourself. It's not that bad. Just make a word doc with the basic item description, price paid, and any special notes then their address all put together, space and then list another customer. Break it down and list them under bold sections like paid, shipped, received. Printing labels and all is easy, and if you're doing usps they just give out those flat rate boxes. I've got a huge stack of them.

Kevlar

I had a partner that was going to take care of all shipping and online portion and my job would be production. but he wanted 50% of anything made and for shipping and answering questions didnt seem fair to the amount of time i spend working in the shop making them and also being the one to order over 3,000$ in parts he had no investment in any of it. needless to say i am still looking for a person to take and fill that role. Any members in the greater Detroit area want to make some money?
But it seems as i just get a system down and all is right, (learned the hard way anything shipped must be tracked! even if it means eating a 35$ shipping charge when they only paid 20$...)
Something goes wrong. and yes pcs are every where but going without my car was not an option and even after cashing in my pc for an older one and some cash i had to pimp myself out to pay off the rest to some people who lent me the money.
But my debits are paid and i am back to square 1.
But i am serious if any of you live in detroit and are good send me an email. i can do fate hourly rates or % based.

Yeah, 50% for those responsibilities is ridiculous.

I just wanted to put it out there that, from experience, I know you're not out to rip anyone off, and you build quality stuff, you're just a bit un-organized.

Last edited:
Got everything and I'm happy. One thing, is it just me or do the UltraFire batteries not actually fit in the charger? there were two sets of batteries so I don't really care it's just strange.

Also there are some "artifacts" from the diode seen below, EDIT: some compressed air did a good job removing those

2_17.jpg

1_16.jpg

Last edited:
Lasers seem to be in good working order. Both seem powerful.

I am happy you shipped and weren't scamming but like Kevlar said communicate.

50% your parnter wanted does seem unreasonable but when you look at what could have happened here it may have been worth it. I am sorry if our post damaged your business any, which I am sure in the short run they did, but unfortunately that is what happens and if you continue to do business with such intermentient communication you will have future customers posting the same stuff.

Get your Sh*T together and all will be well and forgotten before long.

All and all I waited longer than I expected but I like the product.

once again can't stress how key communication is. If I had known it would have been a month I wouldn't have been worried at all but you say a week and a month goes by I am getting a bit uneasy.

you sent me a message with an email address attached.
i responded their.
greek_only@*******.com
date Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM
and i received the message from you at
Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM
so i responded is under 30min and never heard back from you.
i like working via emails more than pms as when i am awake i get a notification of emails but not pms.

Last edited:
Kiyoukan, reply to my pms. God.
(sorry guys but it is important to be offtopic )

Yeah, he's a bit slow responding to PMs, and I think that's the real problem here, since most people will cut a seller some slack if there is some communication going on.

Ok, I see. Thanks. Damn I did not see it because i dont use the email registered on lpf. Though what do you do with the pms?