Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 445nm lasergun w/ video

I am selling all designs I got...but dude...its takes 50 hours minimum. No idea what people earn per hour where you are from, but just imagine how expensive it would be.....50 hours....know what I mean?

DJNY

Nice built :)

But, are you sure that it is 1W? It takes quite a long time to burn trough the CD case!?

Yep....pretty sure its 1W...batteries were kinda weak. The perfect distance is 1-1.5 metres...this was pretty close to the gun, so the beam wasnt that thin.

You just reminded me changing batteries....excuse me for a sec ;-)

Yep....pretty sure its 1W...batteries were kinda weak. The perfect distance is 1-1.5 metres...this was pretty close to the gun, so the beam wasnt that thin.

You just reminded me changing batteries....excuse me for a sec ;-)
What batteries exactly? The configuration, I mean?
I bet 2x lithium ion... though I could be wrong.

6x 1.5V AAs

Didnt wanna buy a charger for LiIon cells ^^ and it would be embarassing if power drops...right now its easy as that: Pull out the clip...put in REGULAR batteries and keep on lasing.
With Li-cells you gotta recharge...know what I mean? Way easier...and cheaper.

6x 1.5V AAs

Didnt wanna buy a charger for LiIon cells ^^ and it would be embarassing if power drops...right now its easy as that: Pull out the clip...put in REGULAR batteries and keep on lasing.
With Li-cells you gotta recharge...know what I mean? Way easier...and cheaper.
In the long run, rechargeables always win in therms of money payed for hours of lasing...

You can get lithium ion charger for $8.40
DealExtreme: $8.76 TrustFire TR-001 Multi-Purpose Lithium Battery Charger

Thanks for the advice. Will consider this when I make the Mod II. Smaller with more power...

Then I will have to save space wherever I can. Already drawing.

Quick question: Would it be cool to let it look like the smaller version of the blue gun? I mean you would see its from the same guy...some lines of the housing may look like the same, but still different.

Or would you guys prefer a complete new design?

I don't like big and clumsy guns,... I prefer small sized laser pistols. :D

noisycricket.jpg

Since you seem to be a glutton for punishment, and have already invested 50 hours in one of your builds, I think the next step needs to be an IR or red LED rangefinder/photocell circuit like would be found in an autofocus camera, that's tied to a stepper motor or servo which automatically adjusts the focus to the recorded distance.

Arayan

Since you seem to be a glutton for punishment, and have already invested 50 hours in one of your builds, I think the next step needs to be an IR or red LED rangefinder/photocell circuit like would be found in an autofocus camera, that's tied to a stepper motor or servo which automatically adjusts the focus to the recorded distance.

:huh: ???? :thinking:

:tsk: Don't tel to much or some forum members will use the technology @ a dangerous pace,...:whistle:

:huh: ???? :thinking:

How does an auto-focus camera work?

1. A light beam is sent out, and the bounce-time back to the camera is measured. The distance is computed. Rounded up to 30000000 Meters/Second for the speed of light, for each tick of a 300Mhz clock cycle you count before the light bounces back, you can assume the target is 1 Meter away. Faster clock cycles get you a more precise measurement.

2. The camera's computer instructs the focus motor to adjust the lens to bring the target into focus for the known distance of the reflected light.

Sometimes it's IR, but many cameras use red, orange, or green LED light to measure the distance. Older cameras, Polaroid instamatics used an ultrasonic SONAR sensor.

You could apply this to a laser, making it automatically measure the distance to the target and adjust the focus for the smallest spot at any distance. (at least until you can focus no better than infinity.)

oic0

Over my head in the fab department. Has me thinking about putting an Aurora SS host in to a nerf gun body then painting it.
One of these could benefit from a paint hob greatly http://www.instructables.com/image/FG04IFAG1QWAC9C/Nerf-Scout-1X-3-mod.jpg

How does an auto-focus camera work?

1. A light beam is sent out, and the bounce-time back to the camera is measured. The distance is computed. Rounded up to 30000000 Meters/Second for the speed of light, for each tick of a 300Mhz clock cycle you count before the light bounces back, you can assume the target is 1 Meter away. Faster clock cycles get you a more precise measurement.

2. The camera's computer instructs the focus motor to adjust the lens to bring the target into focus for the known distance of the reflected light.

Sometimes it's IR, but many cameras use red, orange, or green LED light to measure the distance. Older cameras, Polaroid instamatics used an ultrasonic SONAR sensor.

You could apply this to a laser, making it automatically measure the distance to the target and adjust the focus for the smallest spot at any distance. (at least until you can focus no better than infinity.)

Ive been dreaming of something like that, only to focus multiple beams on to one spot despite distance. Out of my league though.

Last edited: