Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

16gb flash drive - corsair

rkcstr

nikokapo said:
lol

i bought my first 512mb mp3 at 110 dollars.

i think it was around 2004 too!

Haha... I had one of the first MP3 players (Rio PMP300) that came with a whopping 32MB of memory and upgradeable with up to a 32MB SmartMedia card which allows it to hold an amazing 1 CDs worth of music, lol. I still have it... it uses a parallel port to transfer the data ;D Original price was $200 (not including the extra storage card ;)) back in 1998, lol.

rkcstr

well, going farther and farther off-topic (well, I guess this IS an off-topic forum  :p)... so I guess you were in diapers when I was in high-school, haha.  For all you know, the internet always existed, lol. ;)

Back in 97, I had brough a 128mB mp3 wich was 200$ CAD. ;D I think i was the only one with a mp3 for a while.

I remeber back in 2003 I picked up a 128mb SD card for 90$, that was like a deal of a lifetime for me

vcw

Lol, I remember I used to buy lots of SD cards cause the prices were lowering, I got a couple 256mb's now, what a waste of money... :mad:
;D ;D ;D

The highest capacity USB's I see here in Australia at the shops are 8gb only. :'( Never knew 32gb even existed! :eek:

I picked up a JetFlash 16GB a couple of weeks ago for about $5 more, so happy with the deal.

My problem is the computer (XP) connected to my projector is FAT32.  The other computer (Vista) which I use to record HDTV etc on is NTSF.  I can't get the larger HD files to play on my FAT32 whether I try and bring them across on the JetFlash (formatted to FAT32) or my 300G external HD, which is NTSF.  I've tried numerous media players to no avail.

But the problem is not that I've recorded the HD on one computer with a different disk format to the other, as files under 4G play just fine on both (although I have tried splitting the larger HD files, but they still don't work).

I don't have a clue what to try next  :(

Is my only solution to reformat my FAT32 XP running computer to NTSF, or is there something I'm missing here?

Sorry for the thread drift.

vcw

There's a 8gb SuperTalent Pick-C for $15.
It's 200x speeds, amazing!
Original price is $25, and the $10 off ends on 9/5, :'(