Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

150mW green CNI pointer for $320 - interest gauge

IgorT

I'm currently talking to a CNI sales rep (through my company), and arranged to order one of their 150mW pointers (GLP-532nm-150Mw) for testing. I told them others may be interested as well, after i measure it's power and write a review, and they promised to send a good one, and gave a very good price for it.

The price with shipping, insurance and bank charges to me (Slovenia, EU) is 217€. This is around $US 320..

With several ordered at once, shipping charges would be lower and the bank transaction charge would only have to be paid once, but i might end up paying customs fees and taxes, so the price should stay somewhere around this one..

If someone is interested, let me know. The first one should be here in a week or two, so i will be writing a review shortly. By then i will also have a power meter.

If not, i'm still getting a good laser out of it. I was told by CNI, that these average at 165mW, and they come with 6 months warranty. As far as i know, they are the same as Nova X-150, which is considered a very good laser..

This is not a group buy, just a feeler. I promissed them, i would ask if there is any interest. Let me know what you think.. For people in the US, it might be better, if i forwarded my contact in CNI to someone reliable from there, to avoid paying customs and taxes twice, not to mention the shipping. It should be cheaper this way. I would make sure, that the price would stay the same.

IgorT

Re: 150mW green CNI pointer for $320 - interest ga

Forgot to add the datasheet...

http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/GLP-532 594.pdf

More info after i test the laser.

After some delays due to complications at the bank (no IBAN code in China), i finally made the payment last week. The laser is currently being prepared and will be shipped to me next monday. I said it will be tested extensivelly, so they want to send a very good one.

The price for the one sample went up, from what i expected.
-------------------------------------------------
- Laser pointer GLP-532nm-150mW - 140 €
- Shipping - 55 €
- Insurance - 2 €
- Bank charges (China) - 20 €
- Bank charges (Slovenia) - 8 €
--------------------------------------------------
Total - 225 €

It started out at a very attractive price, but with the dollar dropping, i won't really be saving that much, compared to ordering from Nova Lasers.

If several were ordered, the price would drop considerably, but due to my location, i'm in no position to do a group buy for anywhere but Europe.
If someone from US is interested, i can forward the contact in CNI tho..

What would the prices be for the 200mW models?

IgorT

They don't make 200mW pen lasers.

But i do have a price list for those larger 200 - 400mW models. I will check and let you know.

EDIT: This is the price list i got for the larger models:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PGL-VI-532nm-150mW/Unit Euro150.00
PGL-III-C-532nm-200mW/UnitEuro250.00
PGL-III-C-532nm-250mW/UnitEuro300.00
PGL-III-C-532nm-300mW/UnitEuro380.00
PGL-III-C-532nm-400mW/UnitEuro560.00

The shipment will be arranged within 1-2 weeks.
The warranty period is 6 months.

The price exclude price of shipment,battery and charger (and bank transaction charges of course. See example in my previous post.)

IgorT

Well, my laser was shipped, marked as 1mW out of concerns with the customs.

They also sent me a picture of the measurement with a Coherent FieldMaster. It cost me more than expected in the end, but i think 168mW (3mW more than promised) of green is worth it. If i'm not mistaken, the meter is showing the average power. Can't wait to measure it myself.

I must say, that their sales rep was very proffesional, answered all my questions immediatelly and did everything exactly like i asked.

Attachments

• CNI150_measurement_MR.JPG
    CNI150_measurement_MR.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 184

I'm not to sure as why people would pay $320 for a 150mW green laser when the green laser on DX is 200mW for $125. Anything i should know? Is it to do with the ratio of IR:GREEN coming out of the laser?

IgorT

Well, i was thinking exactly the same way at first.

My first powerfull green was the DX200. It made a nice bright beam for two seconds, then it split into two and lost all brightness.

I contacted DX and told them about it, but said i would not return it, but buy a second one instead, if they could test it for me. Rain from DX said he tested it exactly like i described before sending it.

Guess what. During warm up it changes brightness so abruptly, that it almost blinks, then it seems stable for 30 seconds, after that it splits into FOUR beams.

So you see, i've had two DX200s, but the CNI150 will be a much better laser. Not to mention more powerfull.. A DX200 can peak at up to around 200mW if it is cooled with something from the outside, but immediatelly starts dropping, ending up below 150mW, possibly even below 100.. It's also completelly unregulated, which means the power only depends on the battery voltage. Every time you turn it on it is weaker than before, untill you switch the batteries. And when it's on, it keeps dropping in power from both the heat and the batteries. I dissasembled the first one and there are so many additional design flaws in it, it's incredible. Lack of an IR filter is the least of it's problems. There is no contact between the module and the body for heatsinking! It's a 0.5W pump diode with hardly any more heatsinking, than an AixiZ module would achieve. Imagine doing that to a red. And the "driver" board is only supported by the legs of the diode, putting stress on it everytime you push the button. Not to mention the fact, that the "driver" doesn't do anything more, than a resistor and a capacitor would, even tho it has all the required components to achieve PD regulation.

The CNI 150 cost me a bit more than the two DX200s, but at least it'll work. I still hope i recieve a good replacement for the DX200 tho. With a real driver in a more massive body, it could turn into a good laser. But with the bad luck with the first two, i really don't know what i'll get this time around.

Even with a much higher price, i wish i would have ordered the CNI first, instead of wasting almost the same amount of money on the DX200s.

iewed

SargeMX5 said:
I'm not to sure as why people would pay $320 for a 150mW green laser when the green laser on DX is 200mW for $125. Anything i should know? Is it to do with the ratio of IR:GREEN coming out of the laser?

Your paying for quality (And no IR). DX is like McDonalds as CNI is like a 5 star restaurant.

IgorT

iewed said:
Your paying for quality (And no IR). DX is like McDonalds as CNI is like a 5 star restaurant.

I have to disagree. McDonalds at least has strict standards for consistency..

When you order something, you know what you'll get.. ;)

I wouldn't say a five star maybe three lol

Switch

How can you be sure CNI won't send you crap? :p Techlasers sells POS CNIs.I mean CNI is only the manufacturer, and it's the reseller's job to do the testing and the sorting.Unless Techlasers gets crap CNI lasers on purpose after Nova sent them back. ;D

Techlasers gets fake CNI's lasers, IgorT, have any 100mw pointer models?

iewed

IgorT said:
[quote author=iewed link=1205596212/0#7 date=1207740962]Your paying for quality (And no IR). DX is like McDonalds as CNI is like a 5 star restaurant.

I have to disagree. McDonalds at least has strict standards for consistency..

When you order something, you know what you'll get.. ;)[/quote]

McDonalds as messed up my order so many times it's not even funny.

IgorT

Switch said:
How can you be sure CNI won't send you crap? :p Techlasers sells POS CNIs.I mean CNI is only the manufacturer, and it's the reseller's job to do the testing and the sorting.Unless Techlasers gets crap CNI lasers on purpose after Nova sent them back. ;D

I realize, that the reseller has to do the sorting, and that if i would actually order more, there would be differences, which is one of the reasons i don't really want to do this. I have enough other trouble at the moment.

But i told that there might be other people interested, if the laser behaves during testing. I made sure they would realize i have a meter and know a bit about lasers, so i'm pretty sure, that the "sample" will be good. They wouldn't want to send a bad one and lose potential sales.

As long as the power is >150mW and it doesn't have any mode issues, i will be happy with it. If there should be any problems with it, i still have 6 months warranty.

toked323 said:
IgorT, have any 100mw pointer models?
Well, i don't have anything, and if i should start selling these, it would be locally, since there are no lasers in my country at all.

But this is from the price list from my first inquiry:
GLP-532 100mW /Unit Euro 90.00 (100mW pen)

Ordering just one wouldn't be worth it due to all the extra costs.. If i were to order just one of those, it would cost 90+55+2+28=175 Euro (around $273), so you'd be better off buying from Nova.

All this only makes sense, if a larger number is ordered at once. Then they could get relatively cheap.

Techlasers does BAD sorting. You see, the sales rep from CNI told me that all the lasers they send out are over spec, with a 100% guarantee that the lowest power you will ever see is the advertised power. That being said, some companies will buy a 200mw from CNI, realize it has a peak of 250mW, and sell it as a 250mW model. Then the end user tests it, and gets an average of maybe 225, and labels it as 'crap'.

Dear Sir;
I have the same problem, how did you solved the problem of the IBAN?
all the best

This thread has been dead for 9 years. Come on man, no one is going to answer. Please look for updated threads or try and make a thread yourself.

Last edited: