Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

12x sled

Don't know if this has been posted yet here it goes... As a rule I try to be a good member I'm just busy all the time.

dave is this a good one <fingers crossed>.www.rayfoss.com

So... Dave, if your diode appears to make some decent plots, this may be a source for $65 12Xs?

If Rayfoss found the sled... we can too. I'll bet its also elsewhere for less.

I have always had good luck with that site 65.00 is a great deal. I will recupe some doe and try this.

In the mean time i hope if anyone goes for this they will post picks and other info.:)

So... Dave, if your diode appears to make some decent plots, this may be a source for $65 12Xs?

If Rayfoss found the sled... we can too. I'll bet its also elsewhere for less.

Maybe . . . .

Who knows where they got them or if more are available. They only report 9 pieces in stock.

I just got my order of modules in. I should get to testing the diode in the next day or so.

Peace,
dave

Any updates???

Sorry. I got sidetracked by paying jobs ;) Also, I orderd a couple of the sleds. I would like to test one of them alongside the original out of the burner. They have not arrived yet

Peace,
dave

Niceee. I'll always have a fondness for 405nm even with all the 445 craze.
Really hope it isn't a limited source...

Dave, I know this is still in process - but what sort of mW are you expecting from the 12x diodes? It's odd to me since I'm getting ~400mW out of my 8x build... Do you think we'll be seeing 500-600mW out of these? Or still in the 400mW range?

Dave, I know this is still in process - but what sort of mW are you expecting from the 12x diodes? It's odd to me since I'm getting ~400mW out of my 8x build... Do you think we'll be seeing 500-600mW out of these? Or still in the 400mW range?
Most of the 12x I've seen are 800mW+ :p Even seen a couple over 1W :eek:

Most of the 12x I've seen are 800mW+ :p Even seen a couple over 1W :eek:

Damn. I think you've just given me another reason to order another 18650 host kit from Jayrob. Looks like ~425mA@600mW seems to be the 'sweet safe spot' for these...

Damn. I think you've just given me another reason to order another 18650 host kit from Jayrob. Looks like ~425mA@600mW seems to be the 'sweet safe spot' for these...

yep same here (although i already got a spare host :P). if these are true 12x i'll definitely get a sled. even if they are only as good as 8x it still beats dishing out 150 bucks for an 8x burner.

Has anyone brought one since 07-08-2010?
Still showing 9 in stock. Just wondering if perhaps they don't update the stock number very well.
Could 445 have drawn people away from 405 that much?
They only report 9 pieces in stock.

Last edited:

Back