Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x BR DIODES

Hmm, a high voltage driver prototype. That's wonderful news to hear. I think I will wait on my 12x until the high voltage drivers are out then :D

daguin

Hmm, a high voltage driver prototype. That's wonderful news to hear. I think I will wait on my 12x until the high voltage drivers are out then :D

There are other higher voltage drivers available. The Rkcstr and the DDL come to mind. The next generation flexdrive will just be the most easily available boost driver that will fit into an aiXix. Yes, there are even other higher voltage boost drivers available (IgorT comes to mind). However, drlava just makes it too easy to go anywhere else ;)

Peace,
dave

beep

My BDR-205 will be here Saturday, but I need to get a few things before I can assemble my first hand built laser. I will post my setup, and demonstration video (with specs) when I finish. I am not interested in selling things, just want to share what I have learned here.

beep ---
Testing, designing and reporting is the main function of this forum. Well, that's what I think anyway............. many don't.....
Anyhooooo, There's some of us who will be interested in your build. Who knows, you may join the 600 mW Blu club !!!!! Just don't trash a $200 diode.

HMike

Exerd

Seeing as to how my BDR-205 internet order was still "processing", I canceled the order and drove to Comp USA yesterday and purchased a BDR-205BKS. I harvested for the first time using nippers and needle nose pliers, and installed inside an Aixiz module in Jayrobs 18650 Cree host with 405-G lens upgrade. It has one heck of a visible beam at night when collimated. These 12X diodes are smokin! :eg:

It is set at 400mA with V5 FD and I checked the Vf to be 5.48V with a ~95% charged 18650 3000mAH Ultrafire battery.

I don't have an output power meter yet, and do know that I need to get myself one. But if anyone in the local area with a LPM would want to help me test output, that would be much appreciated. :thanks:

2vdmq1i.jpg

jayrob

Nice! Killer host for a 12X with a good supply...

Since your diode is less than 5.5 volts, it is probably putting out over 500mW's at that current...

:gj:

Well! If you'll find some guy helping to read you Po, I'll be glad to add you in the 12x Owners datasheet...:yh:

Exerd

Hello again guys.

With Jayrob being around to provide his excellent host and lens work :bowdown:, I have to admit that an extreme Blu-Ray diode addiction has begun for me within the last week.

I don't want to be the guy who simply assembles a laser, and then hope that the laser works without knowing what's occurring inside and out. So, I have initiated my quest into the DIY laser scene with some more appropriate devices to do so with. :evil:

I ordered a Laserbee I Deluxe, a pile of hosts, lenses and drivers from Jayrob, more BDR-205-BKS drives, and an Instek GPS-3030DD digital DC power supply. I know these are common supplies most of you have probably owned for some time, but it feels great having the feeling of a new upcoming working environment for myself with these new instruments.

So, with that in mind, I plan to be of some assistance here while helping along with our collective adventure into 12X BR territory. ;)

Now, I just need to control my anxiousness while waiting for everything to arrive.

Cheers :beer:

Exerd

Actually, I've had an old cheap pair of crappy goggles which are rated from UV up into IR range, but I would like to get a set of some glasses-type instead of the strapped goggles I use now that hurt my nose.

Are there any good pairs which cover the entire range, 405-808nm, without spending a whole lot? I was thinking maybe $35-50 if that sounds feasible for such a set.

Any recommendations?

My eyes are worth a lot more than $50, so if you feel something less will not provide adequate protection, please do express your concerns.

Thanks

Last edited:
"All 12x Owners" datasheet updated with the entrance of CTM!:eek::thinking::wtf:
I have added him to the list in spite of the "unknown" current imput: he received an option kit set at 360mA, but after the assembly the P.O. result is the following:

1891-ctms-12x-taken-jayrob.jpg

For good luck it's a Pocket Mini.....

jayrob

Yeah, I did a 'Hot' option kit for CTM at 360mA's. He then built his 12X and asked if he could send the build back to me just to measure the power...

And it measured 688mW's?? I did not take it apart and check anything. Just measured the output power. (405-G-1)

I would think that somehow he must have 'jarred' the pot or even did something to somehow bypass the driver or something to get that kind of power with a V5 FlexDrive?? :thinking:

Not sure what happened. I just measured the power is all. But we know that it must have over 450mA's to put out like that. (guessing)

Wow, Jay, hipotesizing a "linear" increase in the mA-mW, taking care of GoldenDragon, your and Quisp data (all of you use a V5 Flex), the current value required for such a P.O. must be somewhere between 460 and 532 mA !!!!:eek:

jayrob

Yeah that's what I figure...

Even with a 'freak' high efficiency diode he would need well over 450mA's to reach that kind of output!

I know my meter doesn't lie, but I did not want to take it apart to check anything. After all, it was not my build at that point...