Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

120mW 638nm for $10.99 on the ebay including other Powers. :eek:

Seeing the other diodes he is posting is confusing me, it doesn't really seem like he would waste time posting the odd diodes of no use to any hobbyists that he is listing. I would think he would post 300 or so of the high dollar ones and call it a day.

Then again, he may have no idea what he actually has. Or it could be a typo...

I remember the uproar when the 445 diodes were listed on ebay for $500 bucks. For some reason that gives me hope. It's really easy to rationalize something in your favor when you really want it to be true though. (And I want a 635 diode stronger than 20mW!)

I bought from one of those sellers before and many did here as well. So that is the Little Hope iam Holding On.

For 10$ i woulds pay that any day to see what i get.

I also want to get a Higher power 635nm diode then 7mW that i have. I have a 20mW one coming from Modwerx. So iam looking forward for that.

Iam not sure anymore what to expect.

Can the price Really Be that different from each other.

It seems that he only has 3 of everything.

I asked for the data sheet. I will wait for a response and post it if they do even respond.

Thats an option, But for 10$ its its not worth my trouble.

Iam still curious to see what they send. At least we will get a laugh out of it.:crackup:

Not that i would of but if i had spend >$30 i would have dispute it.

Nice Find.+

Iam going to keep pounding them with emails until i get some info out of them.

I think they might be viewing this forum and seeing alot of interest around the 635nm and are just randomly putting up diodes in that range.

They even put up 685nm 35mW diodes:
NEW 35mW 685nm bright red laser diode laser medisine | eBay

Witch to my knowledge the guy that sells the 3 lot for 10$ is the only one that has them.

Got another responce from Him:

thank you,friend,if i have the datasheet,i am sure will send it to you.i just start to sell this kind of laser diode several ago.you used to buy laser diode from me
about a month ago.we extracted this laser diode from some machine,that is why we don't have the datasheet at this moment.please understand.you can tell me to cancel
the transaction if you think it is unacceptable.apologize for the inconvenience.thank you

Do You By it.?

He remebers me that i bought diodes from him before witch is true.!!!

THis Response is from this Seller here:
eBay My World - buyhubforu

Iam going to ask him some more questions.

Last edited:

Helios

Thats an epicly good sign! Not saying it is true but it could be some new product we dont know about yet.

I just reply to him asking what device it is.

If he responds iam going to ask them if all the other sellers that have similar listing them too just under different names.

I still find this Unbelievable.

joeyss

This could be like one of those dollar store grab bags. You don't know what you're going to get until you open it.

Ask him how he knows it's 638nm.

For that matter ask how he knows any of the info for this diode he lists. It's pretty hard to call stuff like that without a datasheet.

Tell him you have a spectrometer and a power meter and you will be causing him a lot of trouble if it's not up to snuff.