Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10440 "mini" pen laser?

BKarim

these mini AAA greens must have a very short runtime.

there are mini reds at focalprice.com
i have bought 4 of these, they are not bad for 10$

focalprice has also mini violet.
i have bought one at chinabuye.com (the silver one that in fact is white) but i'm not satisfied: it is too dim with NiMH. I don't know if the focalprice's one (in black) is better.

Last edited:

Vextor

No problem!

Strange, though I'm sure neither are anywhere near spec, it's odd that the "100mW" is priced higher than the "150mW".

Does anyone have experience with either pointer?

I have tested the 150mW and the 100mW. The 100mW was on spec, but I didn't measured its IR (I sold it). The 150mW has 131mW green + 20mW IR.

Both have bad divergence, and even adjusting the lens, it won't get any better. As already said, they're focused to burn up to 15cm.

BTW, I also have bought (&sold) the other AAA versions with kaleidoscope (SD120, 50mW, host is white or gray). Those are all underspec and unstable.

In regards to the Lazerer 100mW single cell pen, I think I know the reason, I ordered one of the cybers and a 100mW module and the when testing out the module one of the transistors got HOT within 3 seconds of being turned on, I had to stop holding it after 5 -10seconds because it had gotten so hot.

In regards to the Lazerer 100mW single cell pen, I think I know the reason, I ordered one of the cybers and a 100mW module and the when testing out the module one of the transistors got HOT within 3 seconds of being turned on, I had to stop holding it after 5 -10seconds because it had gotten so hot.

Haven't had any major heat problems with mine. Admittedly I've abused it somewhat - definitely had it on for over two minutes at a time a few times.

I would love to have that laser putting out 100mW+ of pure green:D

Wish I had my LPM done and calibrated, plus an IR filter then i could give everyone a solid LPM value but for now I'm still at 30% of measured value for the 2 laser I had LPMed by Jake.

Last edited:
^^^Keep in mind that output also varies greatly depending on batteries, ambient room temp, distance from thermopile, etc.. So IMHO any LPM reading I see I always consider them to be +/- 10%.

My own confirmation on my LPM is that lazeerer (not lazerer.com) gets readings +/- 2mW of what I get.