Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

10440 "mini" pen laser?

jnhowett

Look at jayrob's build kit page he has some really small hosts already to go with heatsinks.

jayrob build kits

BKarim

these mini AAA greens must have a very short runtime.

there are mini reds at focalprice.com
i have bought 4 of these, they are not bad for 10$

focalprice has also mini violet.
i have bought one at chinabuye.com (the silver one that in fact is white) but i'm not satisfied: it is too dim with NiMH. I don't know if the focalprice's one (in black) is better.

Last edited:

Vextor

No problem!

Strange, though I'm sure neither are anywhere near spec, it's odd that the "100mW" is priced higher than the "150mW".

Does anyone have experience with either pointer?
I have tested the 150mW and the 100mW. The 100mW was on spec, but I didn't measured its IR (I sold it). The 150mW has 131mW green + 20mW IR.

Both have bad divergence, and even adjusting the lens, it won't get any better. As already said, they're focused to burn up to 15cm.

BTW, I also have bought (&sold) the other AAA versions with kaleidoscope (SD120, 50mW, host is white or gray). Those are all underspec and unstable.

Kmor2004

In regards to the Lazerer 100mW single cell pen, I think I know the reason, I ordered one of the cybers and a 100mW module and the when testing out the module one of the transistors got HOT within 3 seconds of being turned on, I had to stop holding it after 5 -10seconds because it had gotten so hot.

InfinitusEquitas

In regards to the Lazerer 100mW single cell pen, I think I know the reason, I ordered one of the cybers and a 100mW module and the when testing out the module one of the transistors got HOT within 3 seconds of being turned on, I had to stop holding it after 5 -10seconds because it had gotten so hot.
Haven't had any major heat problems with mine. Admittedly I've abused it somewhat - definitely had it on for over two minutes at a time a few times.

I would love to have that laser putting out 100mW+ of pure green:D

Kmor2004

Wish I had my LPM done and calibrated, plus an IR filter then i could give everyone a solid LPM value but for now I'm still at 30% of measured value for the 2 laser I had LPMed by Jake.

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

^^^Keep in mind that output also varies greatly depending on batteries, ambient room temp, distance from thermopile, etc.. So IMHO any LPM reading I see I always consider them to be +/- 10%.

My own confirmation on my LPM is that lazeerer (not lazerer.com) gets readings +/- 2mW of what I get.