Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW Mini-RPL with SXD Module 4 Sale

What makes this laser stand out is the incredible beam - SXD modules are far higher quality than your "run-of-the-mill" Chinese green, and the beam on this one is excellent! With CR123 battery this settles at 96-99mW on the Laserbee, and with RCR123 battery peaks at 113mW and settles to 99-100mW, nice, solid little laser with plenty of heatsinking so no duty-cycle problems here!

miniRPL_SXD_100mW.jpg

(The second pic is of the module and inside of the head, obviously). This laser with case, battery, and copy of power graph with CR123 battery is $100 shipped in the US, less than the cost of the module and host, and this laser is basically brand new - if you are looking for a really nice tight beam at a great price, this is your laser!

(before you PM, YES it will pop balloons , cut bags and electrical tape, and light dark matches with ease, takes a little time with light red and white matches though as the power is right at that point...)

PM if interested, if not sold by Thursday it will be going to the shows with me for local sale!

jeffd

Link to where this laser was bought? im interested and would like to read more about it

These SXD modules aren't generally marketed directly to the public, I get mine through one of my "laser show" disstributors in China (I order a lot of stepper-type displays both for use in our shows and installs/resale, and my rep from that company got me a few of these in different powers to try out).

The Mini-RPL hosts are sold through SZWholesale and QualityChinaGoods as part of their "true" series, I worked out a deal awhile back for several of them with 30mW modules at a discount, removed and sold the original modules, and kept the hosts because they are so nice for builds and people tend to snap them up quickly.

BTW, I stopped buying the complete "true" series from SZWholesale because (as my past reviews and that of others have shown) their "true 50mW" generally ship at 20-35mW, their "True 100mW" around 50-60mW, and their "True 200mW" around 80mW - another reason I have gone to strictly outsourcing modules and assembling my own lasers. When I place an order for these SXD;s the divergence is always good and the specs are always within +- 5mW of rated as an average power. The cost is maybe 10-15% more, but not dealing with crappy beams and 150mW modules that ship at 90-100mW is well worth the difference in cost IMHO.

Last edited:
"and with RCR123 battery peaks at 113mW and settles to 99-100mW"

Is that with a 3.0v or 3.6v RCR123 batt?

The "overall" specs I am quoting for the laser are with a standard 3V CR123 (actually 3.21V) and the test with the RCR123 is with a 3.6V (actually 4.01V) - thanks for pointing out my not mentioning that!

The reason I don't use the power graphs from the bigger batteries is due to the fact that they are just over the modules "rated" input, and I don't want the liability if someone ends up with a "hot" 3.6V battery (I've seen them actually charge to almost 4.7V at times) that causes damage to the module. If someone buys from me, I always toss in a note that if they are going to use the higher-powered CR123's make SURE to check the fully charged voltage prior to use, and if they are over 4V then discharge them a bit to get them at or below that point before use, just to be safe.

Also of note, the use of the 3.6v batteries does not cause the lasers "settled" power to change, only the initial peak, that's another reason I like these SXD modules, they're very stable and always do what they're supposed to, unlike a lot of the "bargain" modules everyone seems to be so crazy about (that, of course, and the nice beam that doesn't look like a baseball bat 15ft from your hand!).

Damm !!! Thats what happens when u really want something u tend to skip over things .....owell!!!