Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW 532nm from OEM Laser Systems

daguin

Back on May 6th Frothy Chimp posted a really nice discount for laser goggles from OEM
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210138832/8#8

In the second paragraph of that offer he mentioned that OEM had a few "surplus" 100mW 532nm laser systems that they were going to let go to us for a significant discount. I had to wait until after I paid my taxes to buy one, but one was left. I sent my money on May 9th and waited. May 9th is a Friday and I sent the money late so nothing really happened with it until Monday. The unit arrived today (a 5 day turnaround)

The unit is VERY solidly built. It takes 2 @ standard "C" sized batteries. The button is solid and "locks" down for continuous use. The override and the key fit well and operate crisply. The aperture window opens and closes easily, but is not loose in any way. There is a 5 second delay from locking the button until the unit lights up. (This ain't no "pointer", Sam)

So let's take a look at it:

I'm sorry. I forgot to take a picture of the box it came in. Suffice it to say that the box was way oversize and stuffed with "peanuts."

Inside the box was this
1001.jpg

Inside all of that bubble wrap was this
1003.jpg

Here's the unit
1005.jpg

and
1006.jpg

Here's a close up of the output graph for my unit
1007.jpg

Here's a shot with my meter
1008.jpg

Can you see those numbers? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The unit peaks at 175mW. It then settles down to 165mW and stays there for 10 minutes!!!!!!

Not bad for a 100mW laser, eh?

To say the least, I am VERY pleased with this latest acquisition AND with OEM Laser Systems.

I don't know if there are any of these left, but DAYUM SAYUM, there sure shouldn't be after this.

Thank you, Tony

Peace,
dave

daguin

532nm said:
what did that cost you dave -nice unit :eek:

It was $265 plus shipping. That's a little more than 1/2 the listed price for one of these units.

Peace,
dave

Thanks for the nice review Dave. Enjoy. They are just nice, hardy, little laser systems. There is only 1 left.

Normally we only keep 2 of these in stock as they don't just fly off the shelves but we ordered 20 for a branch of the U.S. military (not at liberty to discuss which organization or unit). when it came down to it they decided they only needed 15 not twenty so we said, "yes, sir", did an about face, and moved out. Anyway that left us with 5 more than we needed. One sold right away leaving 4 so we decided to offer them to you guys at a huge discount as we really didn't need that many. So there it is.

Nice laser you got there Dave! Looks like a very qualitative product. What type of batteries are you using or planning on using with this unit?

daguin

Petrovski said:
Nice laser you got there Dave! Looks like a very qualitative product. What type of batteries are you using or planning on using with this unit?

At the moment it has plain old DuraCells in it. I haven't planned any farther than that.

Peace,
dave

Cool. I've PMed Frothychimp for some info regarding the last laser. I just might get this unit...

roSSco

Petrovski said:
Cool. I've PMed Frothychimp for some info regarding the last laser. I just might get this unit...
I PM'd him saying I would take it last night.

roSSco said:
[quote author=Petrovski link=1210988492/0#9 date=1211058337]Cool. I've PMed Frothychimp for some info regarding the last laser. I just might get this unit...
I PM'd him saying I would take it last night. [/quote]

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ! Just kidding - Frothy gets some pretty darned good deals like this often - just keep your eyes peeled :)

Hehehe hardly. First come first serve I suppose... so we'll find out who goes home with the last OEM laser when Frothy checks his inbox. ;)

roSSco

Dave, I hope you don't mind if I chime in here with mine.

I received it today and it was well packed as mentioned. The box had warning stickers stating
Delicate Instruments
Handle with Great Care

I got some "C" cells from work (don't tell ;) ) and fired it up under my desk so I could see the beam - no goggles @ work.

I put it on the meter tonight and it sits around 148mW most of the time. This is a bit higher than the graph that came with it. My meter seems to be fairly accurate when comparing my DIY results to others. It has not been calibrated or compared to another meter either. Maybe it's the "Industrial Grade" batteries, or it took a good lick during shipping. :D

No matter, I am thrilled! :) A big thanks to frothy for sharing such a good deal with us. It is much appreciated. ;)

Nice acquisition rossco. ;)

Even though you grabbed the last of the discount lasers just before me, that didn't stop me from ordering one anyway. After reading another positive review of this unit, I'm confident I will be quite happy with it.

roSSco

Petrovski said:
Nice acquisition rossco. ;)

Even though you grabbed the last of the discount lasers just before me, that didn't stop me from ordering one anyway. After reading another positive review of this unit, I'm confident I will be quite happy with it.

I guess you will get the case too! :eek: