Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$10'000 laser?

EF there is no argument here. IMO, based on what I saw in the first two posts the guy is a troll. If I'm wrong all the better.

If the OP decides to do some research in the future... even better.

@Mike, I forgot a zero:p

So back on the subject of science, you said that's from 25 feet away... how powerful was the laser you were testing?

He knew enough to ask the question and register on a laser forum... doesn't take much more than a few minutes to get the basics of what they are, and aren't used for, with regard to lasers. Just a basic "uranium marbles" search in the search box would have been enough to answer the second question.

Of course not. I just expect (maybe hopelessly so) that a person who gets to the point of registering on the forum, already spent 10-15 minutes looking into the subject.

So when a person does get here, and asks such questions... my suspicions are high.

I mean would you go, register at a gun club, attend a meeting there, and then decide to ask "Hey guys, so uhm I have a friend with a .8 caliber gun that shoots through tank armor, ya'll got anything like that, how much?"

I think not...

I gotta agree with the obvious logic...

Either....

1) the OP is a Troll
2) the OP is 7 years old and Clueless
3) the OP is too lazy to do any reading or research
4) the Op is mentally handicapped

OR

5) there is a very small chance the OP is serious...

Jerry

Last edited:

Blord

I don't think he is trolling . He just don't know anything better.

MadEye

If the OP is serious he is looking for a laser WEAPON. If it can cut a couple of inches of steel in a few seconds, it will also cut humans.

So the OP either is a troll or want to kill somebody. Or maybe want to rob a bank. And since there will be no light left when forensics arrive this would almost be a perfect crime.

So handle him like a troll or like a criminal.

^That's a little far fetched.. seems like there's some folks here that are looking for reasons to mess with some noobs. Imagine that on the interwebz.. I can hardly believe it.

When I look back at this thread I do see a bunch of troll posts (this thread is almost 2 pages long..) but not from the OP. He's made only 2 posts, 50% of which are just noob questions. Big deal..

We only have a finite supply of electrons available on the internets so this seems like a wasteful use of them...

Last edited:
I guys I have a question, i know someone whom builds and sells homemade portable hand held lasers, his best one can burn through a couple of inches of steel in a few seconds, he's priced it at $10'000.

Can any of you here construct a laser comparable to that calibre? and how much would you price it at?
LOL well thanks guys for all your input, its just I was talking with someone at another forum whom was building and selling lasers, I asked him what his most expensive laser was and he then gave me the shpeel about the $10'000 laser which could penetrate steel. I not only believed him because of my lack of knowledge on lasers, but also because this dealer has a very good rep rating(which I guess doesn't really mean that much).

And Bshan please tell me more about this $900 laser you'd sell, what is "multiline argon"? I am assuming thats a component which makes this laser worth as much as $900?

I also understand that some lasers use uranium marbles as well? Could you fill me in a bit?

Sounds like LaserMaster aka DarkArmyOfOne is back guys.

Check Post #84 here: LaserMaster's same words on his thread at HF

Too similar NOT to be the same person. He also priced his at $12,999 there a year ago. He scammed over $2000 at HF and left. DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY.

Please tell us what forum did you find this guy at?

Last edited:
Wow... well this thread sure took off.

Idk, maybe troll, maybe not. So far I've seen nothing to change my mind from the OP though. :undecided:

Sounds like LaserMaster aka DarkArmyOfOne is back guys.

Check Post #84 here: LaserMaster's same words on his thread at HF

Too similar NOT to be the same person. He also priced his at $12,999 there a year ago. He scammed over $2000 at HF and left. DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY.

Please tell us what forum did you find this guy at?

DAoO (the Snake) hasn't been seen on that forum since last October
when he went to hide under his rock with all the member's $$$$..
And they were warned by us... serves them right...

Jerry

Last edited: