Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$10'000 laser?

lman

2e2b0a0326ea8979d1f38e67e9b1a774

troll%20food.png

$hit who opened this.

Last edited:

Nice sign, you don't mind if I use it in the futur do you? :p

Not at all. Was actually thinking of downsizing it and using as my avatar :D

Yeah so I'm not seeing where he's trolling at the moment, plus I make trolls my bitches for fun so if he does I've got it under control(e?)..

Unless we've got something constructive to add I say we cut the guy a little slack mmmmk?

i know someone whom builds and sells homemade portable hand held lasers, his best one can burn through a couple of inches of steel in a few seconds

My trollometer went off with that statement. Even someone who does a minute of research would know this is not possible in a handheld.

troll%20food.png

$hit who opened this.

:crackup: Why'd you have to go and open it? :na:

My trollometer went off with that statement. Even someone who does a minute of research would know this is not possible in a handheld.

Yeah I noticed that and responded similarly. The OP has posted again since then with some sensible, if n00bish, questions. I don't think it's OK to continue trashing the thread once the point's been made. It just contributes to noise and serves no useful purpose.

OP You should try searching the forum for answers to your questions before you ask, there are a whole lot of really good answers here already..

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that and responded similarly. The OP has posted again since then with some sensible, if n00bish, questions. I don't think it's OK to continue trashing the thread once the point's been made. It just contributes to noise and serves no useful purpose.

OP You should try searching the forum for answers to your questions before you ask, there are a whole lot of really good answers here already..

Possible, but the line about uranium balls in lasers still has my trollometer radar going off.

OP is very welcome to prove me wrong... in this case I would love to be proven wrong in my assumption:)

The uranium marbles makes me think he's a troll as well :thinking: or he has no idea what he's talking about

Believe it or not, I actually don't know what I am talking about(......at all)

How is it not possible? don't they have those in Star Trek though?

**sarcasm**
I wouldn't get too excited about that specific laser as it's fictitious, intended as a joke. There are multiline argon lasers, but the one bshanahan mentioned is a little bit too good to be true, just like the idea of a handheld laser burning through inches of steel in seconds.

It's not that lasers "use" uranium marbles in the process of producing a beam, but blue and purple lasers cause uranium marbles to fluoresce just like the do under a blacklight only much brighter. It's a cool effect..

and thanks ElektroFreak, you've have been the only one whom has actually put in some effort to be helpful and patient in your explanations.

ALRIGHT FOLKS!!!!!!

Last edited:

lman

Believe it or not, I actually don't know what I am talking about(......at all)

How is it not possible? don't they have those in Star Trek though?

**sarcasm**

and thanks ElektroFreak, you've have been the only one whom has actually put in some effort to be helpful and patient in your explanations.

ALRIGHT FOLKS!!!!!!

Look we are just saying if you don't want people to be mean just read.

You all could be right.. just not a fan of pointless noise. Noise with a point or purpose on the other hand, and I'm all about it. If a person knows nothing of lasers, why would they know all about uranium marbles? I knew nothing of them until I came here 3 years ago. I'm sure they have other uses somewhere, but I had never seen them prior to that point. If a person knows nothing about this stuff, why would they "know what they're talking about"? That makes no sense.. OP already said he knows squat about lasers.. does it make someone a troll if they're a noob? I must have missed that memo..

Last edited:
You all could be right.. just not a fan of pointless noise. Noise with a point or purpose on the other hand, and I'm all about it. If a person knows nothing of lasers, why would they know all about uranium marbles? I knew nothing of them until I came here 3 years ago. I'm sure they have other uses somewhere, but I had never seen them prior to that point. If a person knows nothing about this stuff, why would they "know what they're talking about"? That makes no sense.. OP already said he knows squat about lasers.. does it make someone a troll if they're a noob? I must have missed that memo..

He knew enough to ask the question and register on a laser forum... doesn't take much more than a few minutes to get the basics of what they are, and aren't used for, with regard to lasers. Just a basic "uranium marbles" search in the search box would have been enough to answer the second question.

Of course not. I just expect (maybe hopelessly so) that a person who gets to the point of registering on the forum, already spent 10-15 minutes looking into the subject.

So when a person does get here, and asks such questions... my suspicions are high.

I mean would you go, register at a gun club, attend a meeting there, and then decide to ask "Hey guys, so uhm I have a friend with a .8 caliber gun that shoots through tank armor, ya'll got anything like that, how much?"

I think not...

Last edited:

lman

If I commented on a how to make a laser thread "where is the uranium marbles?" you would think I retarded or a troll and he could have easily looked that up And found that doesn't exist. My point is he should
Have at least done some reading.

Last edited:
lol.. no , your point here has been nonexistent. Excellent try though.

Infinitus, I agree with the idea of research, but why jump all over the guy for asking a few questions? This isn't a gun forum, this is a laser forum that I've been a member of for a loooong time. One of the best things about LPF was and is (I think) that we generally welcome new people, and asking and answering questions (learning) gives a technical hobbyist forum a point to exist and keeps interesting and worthwhile content at the top of the categories. If people jump all over every noob, we will inevitably run off a bunch of people who could potentially contribute good stuff one day, and in the process often the SNR of the forum becomes worse. I don't think the OP has crossed the "spoon feeding" line after only 3 questions myself either.

I'm done here though.. don't care to get into an argument tonight. Maybe another time though.. with me you just never know.

Last edited:
Uhh... .8 Caliber?? A 45 Caliber is about .454" Dia. A .8 Caliber
is really tiny! My 510 caliber won't shoot through a tank. That's
just me -- I'm into gunz!
HMike
Stop the drama........... Back to science

Last edited: