Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

100 Watt HID Mod! Estimated 8000 Lumens!

Man that sucker looks like a beast. Take that camping, walk into the middle of the forest, then turn it on... Watch all the eyes disappear.

It's awesome, but kind of large...

I'm in the process of building a 75 Watt HID in a Mag host! :cool:

It will be using 3 X Feilong 6000mAh 32650’s because you need 12 volts...

It’s going to be a custom build using aluminum tubing to adapt the round ballast to the Mag host. Because the ballast is a little larger in diameter than the mag barrel...

I will use an aluminum reflector, and a borofloat glass lens to handle heat.

Should be a week or two, and I will have the first build.

It should be awesome... :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
very good point. That would suck to buy a expensive battery that doesn't work as well as needed. Not to mention your option is a lot cheaper.

very good point. That would suck to buy a expensive battery that doesn't work as well as needed. Not to mention your option is a lot cheaper.

I seriously doubt that there are many cells of better quality than the Feilongs...

But also, you would need a special charging system for that battery pack on Ebay...

This is an awsome build Jay:wave:! You are the man:can:!

:thanks: Glad you like it!

I think your going to like my up coming 75 Watt HID (5000/6000 lumen) Maglite HID mod... :D

Last edited:
Somehow i want to install a a couple of these on my cars roofrack :D

It would be like daylight!

Easy too... you would just use your existing 12 volt source...

I really like it, how long will it run on a charge?

The battery pack for this 100 Watt HID build is 12Ah capacity...

However, I did not measure current draw on this build like I usually do. So I can only go off of what the person that did the tutorial at CPF said. I believe he said a couple of hours between charges.

When I do my 75 Watt HID Mag mod, I'll be measuring battery current draw, etc... :cool:

Edit: Finished the Mag mod shown here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/75-watt-hid-mag-mod-estimated-5000-lumens-74724.html

Last edited:
If I get a chance to build one of theses I have to install GITD tubing inside and in front of the reflector cone!!!!! :D

just over 200 for a 100w hid? really awesome. Ive always wanted a good hid since the 35w stanleys appeared in walmart :)

How did you arrive at 8000 lumens estimate? Is it the 80% effeciency output rule with ballasts?

Does the ballast lose wattage to bulb as it gets hotter? Some on CFP have suggested this. :(

Last edited:
How did you arrive at 8000 lumens estimate? Is it the 80% effeciency output rule with ballasts?

Does the ballast lose wattage to bulb as it gets hotter? Some on CFP have suggested this. :(

I don't have a meter for measuring lumens, so I just took that information from the tutorial thread that I had followed for building the light over on CPF... (linked in the first post)

Back