Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10 watt Green laser for $99

Encap

Everything on that site is grossly misrepresented, a fraud, and at very high prices.
You would be lucky if it was 100mW.
Usually laser 303s are 50mW to 80mW max and you can get the same on Ebay for $6.50 to $10 including shipping.

Last edited:
If you write them and ask, they will say it is indeed a very powerful laser..... Not answering, or at the most, they will say they don't know but the manufacture specifications are 10,000 mw. If a competitor states more power, they will just update their listing at a higher number.

You can find that exact same laser on eBay for $6.00. About $10.00 with the crap battery and crap charger. Think of how many you could buy for $99.00 on eBay and they would all be the exact same laser.

Encap

1W - 1.5W is the max of 520nm green these days. and not cheap .
See cost of good quality new diodes modules and drivers alone here: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes

PS the link you gave was for a 532nm green which is not a direct diode green---is a DPSS laser very different. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode-pumped_solid-state_laser
For excellent quality 532nm hand held lasers with true outputs listed see JetLasers web site: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php?id_category=17&controller=category

Last edited:

GSS

lightfoot, don't think all the laughing is pointed at you..
It's all pointed to these sleazy store links..;)

Hi,
GSS is correct no finger pointing at you Lightfoot, Chinese sellers are notorious for BS advertising .
Rich:)

Highest power DPSS pointer (which does not use a direct to wavelength diode) I know about is this one for $1500 USD.

I'm currently working on a higher power one of my own build using used Coherent laser parts, it should be at least double that power output, but I don't expect it to be nearly as stable as the Optotronics RPL-II pointer.

Trying to get close to 3 watts of 532nm out of a pointer might be more of a challenge than you think. It would be much easier to just do it in a laboratory laser. Good luck, all the same.

Ha, you are correct, but also expect I am building this in a normal pointer with normal sized crystals which are less stable without using a high quality KTP oven and TEC for the YVO4 and laser diode pump. The optics chamber and battery capacity will exceed any pointer I’ve ever heard of, this baby will be bigger and heavier than many 2 watt lab lasers. Really, too large to be considered a pointer unless you preface that word with MONSTER.

Inside cavity: 120 x 300 mm. 6 to 8 X 32650 batteries in the handle, not shown.

Last edited:
I have, won't go there anymore, the only thing I have purchased off of that web site are LED's although I just remembered about 7 years ago I did buy a 10 watt 532 nm laser pointer, when new to this hobby, was closer to .2 watts for $350.00 which at the time was not such a high price, but certainly under rated :p

I have, won't go there anymore, the only thing I have purchased off of that web site are LED's although I just remembered about 7 years ago I did buy a 10 watt 532 nm laser pointer, when new to this hobby, was closer to .2 watts for $350.00 which at the time was not such a high price, but certainly under rated :p
Damn right 2W of 532nm was a good deal back then!! Still a good deal. Lol!

DIY DPSS aint easy. God, like 10 yrs ago I remember trying to realign a crystal assembly that broke loose from a 200mw (not verifiyed) 532nm focusable laser from DX. Extremely hard to align correctly, just the slightest movement on any axis would cause drastic output differences. Got eventually glue on the crystal face that was all she wrote. I still have the box it came in. "made in north korea" proudly displayed upon opening. Lol!

Last edited: