Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.6W Peak MXDL 3405 Review + Assembly Tutorial

WOW this is a fantastic review/tutorial!! I love the pictures, especially the outside beamshots!

+1!!!!

DTR

WOW this is a fantastic review/tutorial!! I love the pictures, especially the outside beamshots!

+1!!!!

Thanks. I really like the new silver body I have this one in just had to get some new shots of it posted. So I figured while I was at it I would get some new beam shots as well:eg:

I actually have one of these hosts myself, but it still hosts a PHR for years now. It can't be any more than 100mW, it just sits in my drawer now. Also, I've done so much focusing with it that the threads on the lens have actually worn out (it's an acrylic lens with plastic threads) now that sometimes the spring randomly shoots it out lol, it just barely hangs in there, and usually doesn't stay in focus. It really should be put to a better use, but unfortunately, as somewhat of a veteran, I see this as an "old" host as if only red's and PHR's should be put in it. Hardly ever see MXDL builds being posted here anymore.

DTR

I actually have one of these hosts myself, but it still hosts a PHR for years now. It can't be any more than 100mW, it just sits in my drawer now. Also, I've done so much focusing with it that the threads on the lens have actually worn out (it's an acrylic lens with plastic threads) now that sometimes the spring randomly shoots it out lol, it just barely hangs in there, and usually doesn't stay in focus. It really should be put to a better use, but unfortunately, as somewhat of a veteran, I see this as an "old" host as if only red's and PHR's should be put in it. Hardly ever see MXDL builds being posted here anymore.

Well were bringing them back.

That's funny. Sounds like a trooper. I have one with a 12X putting out 783mW also.

It is a perfect choice for a 445 if you want a great host with a huge heatsink, fits an 18650 and a large pill for that pesky driver heatsink. Also you can use it as a mace to thump people.:p

Rawr I am starting to feel the itch for a 445nm.
Just have to wait until monday....but i've got to make a trip to columbia monday morning so I won't get to build my 445 till late evening or night.

DTR

Rawr I am starting to feel the itch for a 445nm.
Just have to wait until monday....but i've got to make a trip to columbia monday morning so I won't get to build my 445 till late evening or night.

You getting that sucker built? I did like the custom host you made for the build. You need to put up some shots when your done.:beer:

im gunna be using an MXDL from hightechdealz.

do you think its a good idea to solder the driver to the pill with wires, then solder wires to the other end of the driver, then solder those wires to the wires i soldered onto the diode??

also, how do i set up the driver pill in the MXDL? do i have to strip every single component from the origonal driver? how do i solder it to the pill or is it pretty straight foward.

DTR

im gunna be using an MXDL from hightechdealz.

do you think its a good idea to solder the driver to the pill with wires, then solder wires to the other end of the driver, then solder those wires to the wires i soldered onto the diode??

also, how do i set up the driver pill in the MXDL? do i have to strip every single component from the origonal driver? how do i solder it to the pill or is it pretty straight foward.

This thread will show you how to set up the pill. Also had my driver heatsink mod for the MXDL.;)

This thread will show you how to set up the pill. Also had my driver heatsink mod for the MXDL.;)

where would i locate such thread?

you think the heatsink made for the MXDL from hightechdealz should be fine right? i dont really see why it wouldnt be

when you say this thread do you mean scroll up? because i dont remember seeing how to set the pill up, just that it came already set up by jayrob.

mod101

Hey DTR, any idea if a one watt can do a wood burning trick like that or is just 1.5+w