Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.5 Amp 445nm Phaser Build...

Stun I like that, it would be cool to add a LPC diode in there to operate with the 445 when in stun mode :beer:

jayrob

Stun I like that, it would be cool to add a LPC diode in there to operate with the 445 when in stun mode

Man that would be tricky... Remember that there is only one EzFocus tip for the exit aperture:

phaser%2012X%20cone%205.jpg

GAH! So cool!

EDIT: I just had a brilliant idea for this build, by the way.... What if you added a switch that added in an additional 4-5 ohms in resistance in the driver...? Then you could SET YOUR PHASERS TO STUN!!! :O

Hmmm...

Not a bad idea to experiment with maybe. But I'm thinking that if I have two levels of power to choose from, just how often would I choose the low power??

I'm thinking I would leave it on high power! :D

Last edited:
You may leave it on high power, but for showy effects and just extra nerdy points, you can always "set your phaser to stun" if you want to use it indoors, or just to get some laughs.

jayrob

You may leave it on high power, but for showy effects and just extra nerdy points, you can always "set your phaser to stun" if you want to use it indoors, or just to get some laughs.

Lol at that phrase! :crackup:

Hey, isn't what this hobby is about? I enjoy this hobby cause it gives me nerd cred! And cause I get satisfaction... but, err. What?

They would both have to come out of the same aperture so some mirrors or a pbs cube is going to have to go in there.

jayrob

That's what I mean by 'tricky'...

The lens threads into that EzFocus adapter for focusing. Which would have to be done away with I guess in a dual mod. :thinking:

Hey, isn't what this hobby is about? I enjoy this hobby cause it gives me nerd cred! And cause I get satisfaction... but, err. What?

What I meant was, I like that phrase! "Extra nerdy points" Made me laugh... :)

Last edited:

Mark64

I got a hot build from Jayrob back in 2010 and it is still going strong. I added a red LED under the silver plate right after I got it (used the extra grey wires) and at night it looks great when firing.

jayrob

I got a hot build from Jayrob back in 2010 and it is still going strong. I added a red LED under the silver plate right after I got it (used the extra grey wires) and at night it looks great when firing.

Cool! :cool:

Did you get a picture?

Here's one of this build: :) (adding to the first post)

Phaser%201.3%20Watts.jpg

Last edited:
Your builds along with Jeff's and Jordan's stuff are what make this forum so interesting...I love seeing these!:thanks:

I am interested in getting a phaser hot kit. I was curious how much it would be and how difficult it would be to install the diode. Given that I have never soldered anything before.

jayrob

I am interested in getting a phaser hot kit. I was curious how much it would be and how difficult it would be to install the diode. Given that I have never soldered anything before.

It's really easy...

I'll message you with links to proper eye protection, soldering video, etc... :beer:

Hello, I just joined today. I saw your post from 5 years ago and couldnt believe my eyes. This laser is absolutely breath-taking. Is there any chance that you are still building these lasers? I would love to buy one