Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Zombie 803T diode

Hemlock Mike said:
Gus --  
My 405's (6x) don't appear to have anything wierd in the output other than a somewhat eliptical spot.  This is at both 130 mA and 190 mA.

As for CC drivers, I'm using my junkbox LDO CV drivers with a series pot.  Works for me  ;D

Mike

I've noticed a very slight artifact with my 6x. Its only on certain surfaces, mainly wood. And like I said its veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrry slight. Really not even noticeable unless you're really staring

IgorT

Hemlock Mike said:
As for CC drivers, I'm using my junkbox LDO CV drivers with a series pot. Works for me ;D

If you're using a CV driver, then of course the current would creep up. But so should it with any other diode that heats up and is powered by CV...

But with an expensive diode, like the 6x, i think you would be better off with a cc driver...

IgorT

GooeyGus said:
I've noticed a very slight artifact with my 6x. Its only on certain surfaces, mainly wood. And like I said its veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrry slight. Really not even noticeable unless you're really staring

What do the artifacts look like?

All i noticed is a very flat beam with the Blu Rays.. But they do have a strange patterns.

IgorT said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1212227394/12#17 date=1212478297]I've noticed a very slight artifact with my 6x. Its only on certain surfaces, mainly wood. And like I said its veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrry slight. Really not even noticeable unless you're really staring

What do the artifacts look like?

All i noticed is a very flat beam with the Blu Rays.. But they do have a strange patterns.[/quote]

The 6x isn't as flat as the PHR. The artifact is like the very outside edge of the die itself but its basically invisible.